a question regarding one of the 1.6.4 updates

SCLPTURES

Farmhand
in the 1.6.4 full patch notes under balance changes, it says the following:
When you load a save, you’ll now unlock missed Steam achievements if needed (e.g. achievements gained while playing offline).
i'm wondering if that applies to saves i've transferred through devices? i airdropped a save file from my ipad to my macbook so i can finish playing the game on there and i have a lot of achievements i've already finished on my ipad that haven't been processed through steam, so i wonder if i'll get those now? i'm currently in the middle of a game so i can't exit out and see for myself yet... (^_^')

update: i relaunched my save and i unlocked all my missing achievements ^_^

Last edited:

naqibam

Greenhorn
I transferred my endgame savefile on mobile to PC to play the 1.5 update years ago but never really bothered making a new save file to get the steam achievements I missed. But when I opened my save file today, I can confirm that I got.... most..... of the missing early game achievements automatically unlocked. Unfortunately, the achievements for completing the community center (Local Legend), Getting a complete family (Full House) stayed locked. The Joja Co. warehouse completion achievement also stayed locked due to me not having actually done a Joja run yet, but I assume that also stays locked even if you load a Joja save since it's community center adjacent. I can't verify if any other endgame achievements stay locked since I completed most of them before 1.6.4 (e.g. Fector's challenge) but those 2(3?) I can confirm do not get unlocked when you open a pre-existing save currently. Hopefully this is fixed.
Screenshot 2024-04-19 105232.png

SCLPTURES

Farmhand
I transferred my endgame savefile on mobile to PC to play the 1.5 update years ago but never really bothered making a new save file to get the steam achievements I missed. But when I opened my save file today, I can confirm that I got.... most..... of the missing early game achievements automatically unlocked. Unfortunately, the achievements for completing the community center (Local Legend), Getting a complete family (Full House) stayed locked. The Joja Co. warehouse completion achievement also stayed locked due to me not having actually done a Joja run yet, but I assume that also stays locked even if you load a Joja save since it's community center adjacent. I can't verify if any other endgame achievements stay locked since I completed most of them before 1.6.4 (e.g. Fector's challenge) but those 2(3?) I can confirm do not get unlocked when you open a pre-existing save currently. Hopefully this is fixed.View attachment 22174
oh, thats great to hear! i don't have those 2 achievements yet so i think i'm fine..?

there's a thread that shows you how to unlock missing achievements, so that could maybe help you out. i dunno if you've seen it or not, but ive linked it just in case!

naqibam

Greenhorn
oh, thats great to hear! i don't have those 2 achievements yet so i think i'm fine..?

there's a thread that shows you how to unlock missing achievements, so that could maybe help you out. i dunno if you've seen it or not, but ive linked it just in case!
I'll consider unlocking the Community centre and Full house achievement through those means. Joja Co however I think I'll just leave to whenever I make a new save file to do a Joja run.

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
Mystery boxes are now rarer to find... Hmmm, maybe i should postpone upgrading.

Besides, i begin to suspect that my previous issues encountered before (mine stardrop not counted and holy blade suddenly getting reduced enchantment of the new type), were due to my transition from 1.6.2 to 1.6.3 mid-save.

To be honest, i was surprised there was no further nerf, to the chances of getting prismatic shard, from one of the other sources!

Hmmm besides, the GOG version is noted as Upgraded, but it actually is still in the 1.6.3 version and it has no further version number to upgrade to...

Last edited:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I just tested by transferring a save from a tablet onto my pc and got all the requirements, it’s just a check for what you have or have completed and all that info is stored in the save so no matter where it is it should work.

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
Mystery boxes are now rarer to find... Hmmm, maybe i should postpone upgrading.

Besides, i begin to suspect that my previous issues encountered before (mine stardrop not counted and holy blade suddenly getting reduced enchantment of the new type), were due to my transition from 1.6.2 to 1.6.3 mid-save.

To be honest, i was surprised there was no further nerf, to the chances of getting prismatic shard, from one of the other sources!

Hmmm besides, the GOG version is noted as Upgraded, but it actually is still in the 1.6.3 version and it has no further version number to upgrade to...
my infinity blade doesn’t seem to be working right either. I used galaxy sword plus 3 of those round things and 3 rubies on it and I never used to die in skull cavern since I got the enchantment at volcano forge but I’ve died several times now and have to eat a ton to keep up health. I’m glad I’m not crazy and that it’s a bug. I wonder if the monsters have more power or it’s the sword. Hopefully in 6.5 patch it will be fixed until then I’m only going to regular mines

Lew Zealand

Helper
GOG is sometimes a few hours delayed because they have to wrap the installer and updater versions in their standalone downloads but v1.6.4 is there now for both Mac and PC.

my infinity blade doesn’t seem to be working right either. I used galaxy sword plus 3 of those round things and 3 rubies on it and I never used to die in skull cavern since I got the enchantment at volcano forge but I’ve died several times now and have to eat a ton to keep up health. I’m glad I’m not crazy and that it’s a bug. I wonder if the monsters have more power or it’s the sword. Hopefully in 6.5 patch it will be fixed until then I’m only going to regular mines
I thought I had the same problem but then I noticed my feets were cold. And when I got home I noticed my Dragonscale Boots on a Mannequin who was showing them off to all the others. Be careful out there when switching outfits everyone, them Mannequins really like stylish footwear.

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
I think i read about people having issues with endgame weapons. My problem was with "Holy" blade though, not Infinity. The one you find as a rare drop, post level 100 in the mines. When i first found it in 1.6.2 it had "Slime Gatherer" and "+2 speed" from the new enchantments (found on dropped weapons, in yellow star indication) and when i converted my game to 1.6.3, i "lost the mine stardrop and the +2 on weapon became suddenly, +1 speed.
GOG is sometimes a few hours delayed because they have to wrap the installer and updater versions in their standalone downloads but v1.6.4 is there now for both Mac and PC.
Yes, i know. They simply tagged the game as "updated", before they actually did the job. After some time, the new version showed up. But i won't get it, until i find the Book of Mysteries first.