A couple of questions?

Sewer key, is that 60 items? How to find more if you're short? I have 48.

How to catch the legend at the eastern side of the beach, trap bobber or is there anything better? I struggle.

How often is rabbit foot in the travelling cart, I've got the Red Cabbage seeds and I'm good, I'm only in mid-summer so I can make barns and stuff.

Why on a lucky day, you fight a feisty fish and see a treasure chest, only to give you one bait. Well, I got the fish, but what the h....

MissDandy

Farmer
To unlock the sewer it is 60 items. If you're short, go mining and get lots of geodes and donate what you get from them to the museum. Also dig up all the artifact dig spots you can (the little worm looking things). When fishing try to get all the chests you can, sometimes they have artifacts in them. It should take some time but you'll get there.

When fishing for the legendaries, while your bobber is important (I used the lead bobber) make sure to eat food so that you have the fishing buffs. I personally recommend Dish O' the Sea. It will help you out significantly.

It'm not certain exactly how often the rabbit's foot will be in the traveling cart, but your best bet would just be to upgrade your coop as fast as you can and get a rabbit. Even in early game, if you collect wood and stone regularly, you should be able to do it with some ease. Still check the travelling cart as often as you can, but you could be waiting a while to get it from there.

Luck does affect the fishing treasure chests, but there still is a chance that you don't get a super amazing item in ever single chest, even on a lucky day. It also has an effect on how frequently you get chests that day. Even so though, (and I'm not sure fully about this so someone may have to get on here and correct me) but I don't believe that daily luck has as big as an impact as if you were to say, eat a lucky lunch. You'd probably find that you have a more noticeable increase in luck if you use luck buffs rather than just count on daily luck.

Pangaearocks

Planter
Rabbit's foot also drop from serpents in the skull cavern, so if you spend much time there, one will drop eventually. The drop chance is 0.8% per serpent kill. Two "rolls" for that if you have the Burglar's ring.

Quite often you only get bait from treasure chests, which is annoying, especially when you only get 1 bait. But you can also get a lot of artifacts this way, including dinosaur egg, so it's still a great way to help you fill out the museum, or get excellent weapons in the early game.

For legendaries, I recommend trap bobber + Dish o the sea. You should get some of those dishes from one of the bundles in the community centre. I forget which one, but you can check that on the wiki unless somebody else mentions it below.

Regular, frozen, magma, and omni geodes contain different minerals. To get they key to the sewer try to collect each type as you make progress in the mine. In addition to fishing and worm spots, some artifacts can be found by digging tillable dirt areas in the mine.

I've never seen a rabbit foot at the cart. Since you will need two, it's worth it to get a couple rabbits. Wool is a loved gift for Emily, and rabbit foot is loved by everyone but Penny.

I would rather find a bait in a treasure chest than a stone!

Hill Myna

Farmer
Regular, frozen, magma, and omni geodes contain different minerals. To get they key to the sewer try to collect each type as you make progress in the mine.
This is very important! You can look at your Minerals page in the Collections tab of your inventory to see which ones you're missing, and then compare it to this table from the Wiki. That way you'll know which Floors will yield the most unfound Minerals, so you're not getting the same ones over and over again.
How to catch the legend at the eastern side of the beach, trap bobber or is there anything better? I struggle.
I'm a Trap Bobber user, and here's the reason: the Legendary Fish are all very "jerky", which means that no matter how hard you try, they aren't going to be in your green bar all the time. And so when they leave that bar and you're trying to catch up, that's when the fish gets the advantage; reducing that advantage is key to success. And I find the the Trap Bobber does a much more reliable job at that then say, the Cork Bobber (which marginally increases your bar size), because there's only so fast that your bar can move.

For the Fishing Buff that you'll want, I personally think that Lobster Bisque is the best, because it gives you +3 Fishing (same as Dish o' the Sea) and it last all day! Plus, it's really cheap, just 1 Milk and 1 Lobster.

However, the recipe isn't all that accessible. If you don't have 9 :heart:s with Willy, you'll need to wait for the 14th of Winter, Year 2 for The Queen of Sauce to share her knowledge.

Second best is Dish o' the Sea IMO (+3 Fishing and lasts 5ms5s, long enough), plus like @Pangaearocks said, you get 5 as a reward for completing the Specialty Fish Bundle in the Community Center.

But keep at it, that fish will be yours eventually!
How often is rabbit foot in the travelling cart, I've got the Red Cabbage seeds and I'm good, I'm only in mid-summer so I can make barns and stuff.
If you plan to mine at Skull Cavern any time soon, then I wouldn't bother with getting Rabbits in a hurry. I get so many Rabbit Feet (Foots?) just from attacking the Serpents that get in my way, although I do spend a lot of time in Skull Cavern.

But if you've got the cash, it can be fun to have a Rabbit or two around! Plus you'll probably want a Deluxe Coop for it's Auto-Feeder anyways. But yeah, I would definitely prioritise Pigs (you'll need a Truffle, and Pigs are extremely profitable) before worrying about Rabbits.

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much for your input.

So, for now I just made a big coop and hired some ducks. (yes, little ducklings, I will move you to a pond later).
I haven't reached the bottom of the mine yet, as this is a casual run, I'm on floor 85 and have a Yeti Tooth sword
of a thingie, it's alright but I'm old and slow, so maybe bombs would help me going down?

I totally suck in the skull mines, so I will chicken out and upgrade the coop again, to get rabbits.

Best part of this save: I have 61 items donated to the museum, but no Gunther is showing up.

I have a dinosaur egg, but hell no, I'm not giving that to him!!!

Pigs are for next year, make it in late fall or winter and have lots of pigs next year.

One goal completed though: Haley is 8 hearts.
That all what matters in this save, haha

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Thank you so much for your input.

So, for now I just made a big coop and hired some ducks. (yes, little ducklings, I will move you to a pond later).
I haven't reached the bottom of the mine yet, as this is a casual run, I'm on floor 85 and have a Yeti Tooth sword
of a thingie, it's alright but I'm old and slow, so maybe bombs would help me going down?

I totally suck in the skull mines, so I will chicken out and upgrade the coop again, to get rabbits.

Best part of this save: I have 61 items donated to the museum, but no Gunther is showing up.

I have a dinosaur egg, but hell no, I'm not giving that to him!!!

Pigs are for next year, make it in late fall or winter and have lots of pigs next year.

One goal completed though: Haley is 8 hearts.
That all what matters in this save, haha
Are you sure you have the items donated or have you found them in your collection tab.

Have you gone to the museum and counted?

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
This is very important! You can look at your Minerals page in the Collections tab of your inventory to see which ones you're missing, and then compare it to this table from the Wiki. That way you'll know which Floors will yield the most unfound Minerals, so you're not getting the same ones over and over again.

I'm a Trap Bobber user, and here's the reason: the Legendary Fish are all very "jerky", which means that no matter how hard you try, they aren't going to be in your green bar all the time. And so when they leave that bar and you're trying to catch up, that's when the fish gets the advantage; reducing that advantage is key to success. And I find the the Trap Bobber does a much more reliable job at that then say, the Cork Bobber (which marginally increases your bar size), because there's only so fast that your bar can move.

For the Fishing Buff that you'll want, I personally think that Lobster Bisque is the best, because it gives you +3 Fishing (same as Dish o' the Sea) and it last all day! Plus, it's really cheap, just 1 Milk and 1 Lobster.

However, the recipe isn't all that accessible. If you don't have 9 :heart:s with Willy, you'll need to wait for the 14th of Winter, Year 2 for The Queen of Sauce to share her knowledge.

Second best is Dish o' the Sea IMO (+3 Fishing and lasts 5ms5s, long enough), plus like @Pangaearocks said, you get 5 as a reward for completing the Specialty Fish Bundle in the Community Center.

But keep at it, that fish will be yours eventually!

If you plan to mine at Skull Cavern any time soon, then I wouldn't bother with getting Rabbits in a hurry. I get so many Rabbit Feet (Foots?) just from attacking the Serpents that get in my way, although I do spend a lot of time in Skull Cavern.

But if you've got the cash, it can be fun to have a Rabbit or two around! Plus you'll probably want a Deluxe Coop for it's Auto-Feeder anyways. But yeah, I would definitely prioritise Pigs (you'll need a Truffle, and Pigs are extremely profitable) before worrying about Rabbits.

Hope this helps!
The thing with trap bobber is that by taking it you just give up on the catch being iridium quality through a perfect or quality bobber.

So it’s a bit of a win-lose, the benefits do outweigh the costs though.

I didn't count right; it was only 59. So, I happened to fish up another dino egg and I now I've met Krobus.

Building a Deluxe Coop atm, I'm the worst fighter of all and I hate serpents. Or should I say, all monsters?
Legendary fish doesn't have to be quality to count?

Very casual play here, I have 15 kegs and 15 jars, I think Filthy Gorilla would do a facepalm, haha.

Best news of all, I married Haley on Winter 1!

Apples

Farmhand
I didn't count right; it was only 59. So, I happened to fish up another dino egg and I now I've met Krobus.

Building a Deluxe Coop atm, I'm the worst fighter of all and I hate serpents. Or should I say, all monsters?
Legendary fish doesn't have to be quality to count?

Very casual play here, I have 15 kegs and 15 jars, I think Filthy Gorilla would do a facepalm, haha.

Best news of all, I married Haley on Winter 1!
serpents can go fall in a ditch of poison ivy. They hit like a freight train and get so annoying in large numbers.