Mac A bunch of item icons are suddenly the same

DingoBongo

Newcomer
I installed a few mods today (Content Patcher, Wasteless Watering, Community Center Item Identifier, Crop Watering Bubbles) and now it seems a bunch of different items all have this icon (kind of like fiber, but not the same). Random things like rocks in my inventory and in the world, maple seeds, spring onion, all have this icon.

I tried removing the mods I added one at a time, restarting the game, uninstalling and reinstalling, but it's still like that. Also tried running with no mods installed and the problem persists. Any idea what might be going on?

DingoBongo

Newcomer
Hello DingoBongo. ( If that's even your real name )

I believe I might have an inkling as to what's going on "under the hood".
While this may be too complicating for a young one such as yourself to understand, I would gladly teach oneself the steps to fixing the "problem".

Although I am not entirely convinced that your "problem" is real, and I am becoming more comfortable with the proposition that this may all be an elaborate ploy to expose ones intelligence, I will take the risk ( albeit with much consideration, calculating every single probable outcome ) and guide you to the rewards you seek.

The Initial task involves with your Stardew Valley instance itself. It appears that ones ( yours ) files have been corrupted in some way. Might I suggest you venture to your steam page. Once there, you should navigate to "Properties" -> "Installed Files" and select the prominent option: "Verify Integrity Of Game Files".

If this step does not work, might I suggest a total re-installation of Stardew Valley. If going through this treacherous route, please make sure to create backups of your game files before re-installing.

Ultimately, please consider partaking in the advanced action of pressing the medium sized button, which is most often correlated with the power options of the specified computer. Once this action has been partaken, the next half of the operation might be just as complex, if not more. Please press this same power correlated button once more, and your device of choice should light up. My good friend Roy taught me this technique.

Please contact me if in need of any further details.

Mucho Regards,
Your friendly neighbourhood "Code Inspector" Julius.
thanks Julius. I have tried all of the steps you suggested and the problem still persists.

DingoBongo

Newcomer
Running without any mods and the problem is still there. Even after deleting all local files and re-installing it is happening. I also tried re-installing SMAPI.

DingoBongo

Newcomer
Where's your Mac version from (Steam or GOG), and does this happen with a new farm save without mods?
It's Steam. And no, new save with no mods does not seem to have the issue, though it's hard to fully confirm without going into the mines. My existing save with no mods still has the issue though. Some sprites are working fine, but others are showing up with that fiber-like icon and some are not showing up at all as shown in the previous picture.