420 fruits per week from a 1.5 greenhouse, add 3 cabins to make 700 wine per week, all indoors

Gorgar

Greenhorn
131c3e49d582374c898e577cba90e0e3.png

The theory behind this greenhouse is to expand on the weekly harvest pattern already in use by many players: one main harvest per week, with two additional visits during the week to shake fruit trees. This layout contains 32 fruit trees (224 weekly fruit), 104 soil plants, and 92 garden pot plants. The 32 fruit trees might be shocking some of you. Given sufficient equipment to process the fruit, fruit trees are the most profitable use of any given greenhouse tile, even in the middle.

Assuming artisan, ancient fruit in the soil, pineapples in the pots, deluxe retaining soil, and peach or pomegranate trees, the resulting 420 weekly fruits could be sold raw for 162,624 (2,601,984 yearly), or processed into wine for 487,872 (7,805,952 yearly). Add 9,408 to your weekly total if you're using banana trees. 3 big sheds will hold 411 kegs, giving you a remainder of 9 kegs to perhaps use outdoors as timers.

However, in 1.5, cabins are better than ever as a shed replacement. Instead of building 3 sheds, build 3 cabins, and have 3 additional farmers join and upgrade them. Whether you do local co-op with yourself or recruit actual humans to assist you in upgrading cabins is your decision. The first and second floor of a cabin will allow you to fit more than 340 kegs, garden pots, or other tools of your choosing. I'm not aware of any optimized layouts, therefore I don't know the maximum number of tools you can fit. Regardless, you now have indoor space to easily accommodate an additional 280 pineapple pots and 700 kegs.

The extra pineapple wine brings your weekly total to 840,672. That works out to 13,450,752 per year. Plus, cabins allow you to have additional cellars. 4 cellars with 125 casks each will allow 1,000 bottles of iridium ancient fruit wine per year, increasing your yearly income to 15,760,752. Casks have their detractors, and there are more profitable ways to use a cellar. Notably, running an additional 62 pineapple pots and 62 kegs in a cellar for a year will make more money than running 189 casks of starfruit wine for a year. But we've already reached a pretty high effort threshold, so instead I will halt the plummet into optimization. Like most optimization posts, I don't expect many will use all of the ideas exactly as presented. Hopefully everyone can find some food for thought in this buffet.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dippywallop

Cowpoke
Hey I know this is an old post but I really liked your design and wanted to show you that I made your design. To be totally upfront I did it with item spawner and cheats to insta grow the trees. I wanted to see how it would look and feel to collect the fruit obviously the chances of getting this many banana trees legitimately would be small but a late game greenhouse overhaul with pomegranates would be totally possible. I think the problem is the time it takes fruit trees to grow and not being able to use any space around it in the mean time. Also I found the actual picking of the fruit trees which is happening most often to be quite awkward backward and forwarding all the time. I had a play around with planner and thought that something like this might be a nice compromise between ultra efficiency and ease of use. (preserves jars being garden pots) Although your tree layout would work and fit more trees in. Also it would be doable for console players who have more trouble with corners.
1618995080916.png

Anyway just wanted to say thanks for posting and your design is really interesting.
Adi_4-21-2021_30914070.png

liochamb

Cowpoke
Hey I know this is an old post but I really liked your design and wanted to show you that I made your design. To be totally upfront I did it with item spawner and cheats to insta grow the trees. I wanted to see how it would look and feel to collect the fruit obviously the chances of getting this many banana trees legitimately would be small but a late game greenhouse overhaul with pomegranates would be totally possible. I think the problem is the time it takes fruit trees to grow and not being able to use any space around it in the mean time. Also I found the actual picking of the fruit trees which is happening most often to be quite awkward backward and forwarding all the time. I had a play around with planner and thought that something like this might be a nice compromise between ultra efficiency and ease of use. (preserves jars being garden pots) Although your tree layout would work and fit more trees in. Also it would be doable for console players who have more trouble with corners.
View attachment 5167

Anyway just wanted to say thanks for posting and your design is really interesting. View attachment 5166
how beautiful it turned out

Gorgar

Greenhorn
View attachment 5167

Anyway just wanted to say thanks for posting and your design is really interesting. View attachment 5166
I like it! The symetry is well done.

Jianadaren1

Farmhand
Also it would be doable for console players who have more trouble with corners.
Note that garden pots had a bug that was fixed in 1.5.5 that removed fertilizer upon harvest. Consoles are still on 1.5.4 so a Garden Pot with Deluxe Retaining Soil strategy doesn't really work on console yet. You could do Tea Saplings or just forego the Garden Pots.

The rest of it works great, just need 5 Iridium Sprinklers with Pressure Nozzles (4 along the edge, 1 in the middle). This would then make Hyper Speed Gro (alt Deluxe Speed Gro) the best fertilizer, which might tilt the preference from Ancient Fruit to Starfruit. With Agriculturist and HSG, Starfruit take 7 days, syncing nicely with the Kegs, same as Ancient fruit. Without Agriculturist and with DSG, it takes 9 days, which syncs nicely with the Trees instead of the Kegs.