Implemented 24-hour clock

Pangaearocks

Planter
Is it possible to add a 24-hour clock option in preferences?

As a non-British European, this 12-hour AM/PM thing has always been confusing and weird. Same with the game. Would therefore be very nice if it was possible to choose a 24-hour clock format here in the forum. I've looked through preferences, but don't see anything about it, only a time zone setting.

imnvs

Local Legend
Is it possible to add a 24-hour clock option in preferences?

As a non-British European, this 12-hour AM/PM thing has always been confusing and weird. Same with the game. Would therefore be very nice if it was possible to choose a 24-hour clock format here in the forum. I've looked through preferences, but don't see anything about it, only a time zone setting.
If it is not available in the settings, it is probably hard-coded by the folks that made the forum software... which is not the people operating the software now. The staff have pointed this out before when it comes to managing the forums, both on their end and on ours.

Lew Zealand

Helper
And really, if you're going to ask for a 24-hour clock, let's go all the way and ask for a 36 hour clock. Because nothing says Stardew Valley like passing out at 17pm/3500 hours with an exasperated, "Already?? I was nearly done and the bloody Kegs just popped up finished!"

Pangaearocks

Planter
We'll double check to see if this is something we can enable as an option.
Thank you, Odin, that would be excellent.

I tried to search around a bit, but I'm not even sure which forum software is used here, and it was hard to find anything concrete on a 24-hour clock anyway. But it sounds like a very easy change forum or coding-wise, on other forums I've also been able to format the clock format. Perhaps it's a separate extension or module or something, but forum software is of course internationally targeted, so it sounds weird to me if the forum software itself does not support something as simple as that, when they have large swathes of other features like PMs, likes, trophies, downloads, uploads, etc etc.

Pangaearocks

Planter
We are using XenForo.
Thanks. Found some ancient threads about it, so who knows what has changed since, but seems like it is possible. One place it says it's a global setting, though, which wouldn't be great. Maybe it's available via an add-on?

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
I was able to add a new language that's pretty much the same but with a 24-hour time format, so you should be able to change it in your settings. I could also change a few other details about the language, but decided to just do the clock itself for now (which is why it still says "US"). I hope that helps!