100 levels in skull cavern

Go on a good luck day or use food to boost luck so you have a higher change of fining shafts to drop multiple floors.

Unless I can see the ladder or shaft to go down, I find it best to face the flying serpents head on. Killing them is usually faster than trying to work around them in the long run.

I don't usually aim for the lower levels until I have completed the skull cavern monster slaying goals. Otherwise, I'll end up stopping at any prehistoric floor to erradicate all the pepper rexes.

My personal equipment list for deep level dungeon goals:
-Lots of bombs and resources to make more.
-Farm Warp Totem (or Beach Warp totem of I have a lot from my crab pond and have unlocked the shortcuts).
-Spicy Eel or Crabcakes and coffee.
-Galaxy Sword or Lava Katana are best to cut down combat time (by killing everything faster).
-Irridium Pickaxe.
-A few staircases for annoying floors.
-The willpower to resist the urge to kill all the enemies (combat is my weakness so this is where I fail most of the time).

I use crystalariums to replicate jade, and trade those for stairs at the desert trader on Sundays.
Space boots and the lava katana, or if you can get better boots & sword. Pickaxe upgraded to gold if you don't have enough iridium. It also helps to have higher skill levels in mining and combat.
Lucky days give better chance of finding the way down. Food or ring with luck buffs. Speed buffs help too. Combat related buffs too, like attack and defense.
Bombs and explosive ammo reduce the amount of rocks to break by hand. Iridium ore is the ammo with the most damage. I use the slingshot a lot. I recommend practicing with wood or berries if you aren't used to the slingshot.
Getting to the desert early gives you more time. Check your luck on the TV, then use a warp totem to get there by 6:10. Or be at the bus stop ready when Pam arrives. I keep a trunk with all my kit so I can get ready quickly. Bombs, sword, slingshot & ammo, stairs, good food without buffs, espresso and lucky lunch and spicy eel, bombs. And I empty out my inventory too, to make room for loot.
Sometimes, just placing stairs one after another, I still barely make it to level 100 by 2am!

Wolf Haley

Sodbuster
the rock hard candy gives you plus 5 luck and plus five attack, aswell as speed, defense and mining, so its kinda broken. if you go on a lucky day you can get up to +6 luck, plus a lucky ring and you can drink something that gives you luck. then you're sitting at like +8 or 9 luck and you can basically find the ladder down after two or three rocks are broken. I got to level a hundred at nine pm using no stairs, but I have the desert obelisk so that saves like five hours of waiting for pam. broken op

Indeed maxing luck is best, 2 luck rings, magic rock candy or lucky lunch, and coffee would be the setup I'd recommend. Make sure it's high luck for your daily luck. Bring bombs, and blast. Go down holes whenever possible, and remember you have all day. You don't need the Obelisk (it's great of course), you just need the warp totem which is just 3 omni geodes. And when it comes to going home, it's entirely fair to reach your goal at 1:30AM and pass out in the mines, it's not a big deal, happens all the time :-)

I'd also recommend bringing 9 stairs, and using them if you encounter an infested floor, or once you're in range to make it there. You only need to use 10 or less to get the "good ending". If you Really need some extra help remember the desert festival chef food stacks with normal food buffs and All of his recipes give +luck, potentially allowing you to hit +10 luck or more for the day if so inclined.

Biggest thing I would say is do *not* fight enemies. Ignore them and focus on blasting and going down, and bring a stack of salads or cheese or whatever to mow down on whenever your health gets low. There are exceptions of course but generally it's always better and more time efficient to just keep blasting and focus on finding the stairs, especially if your luck is high.

Good luck!

BeBop268170

Sodbuster
I'd also recommend bringing 9 stairs, and using them if you encounter an infested floor, or once you're in range to make it there. You only need to use 10 or less to get the "good ending".
I did not know that! I thought you needed to get down there without using ANY staircases.

But you state "bring 9 stairs", so is it 10 or less or less than 10?

I did not know that! I thought you needed to get down there without using ANY staircases.

It's 10 or less, you can bring 10 if you want. I just feel "safer" bringing 9 personally, there's zero benefit to not bringing a 10th. There's also theoretically zero benefit to knocking on wood :-)

HaleyRocks

Farmer
Other than the already mentioned lucky days and assuming you either aren't a fan of or cannot afford the materials for Staircases...

Napalm ring really helps, especially when combined with another one! Add a ideally "perfect" Magic Quiver, a failsafe small stash of bombs and you're good to go!

Farming levels 40+ to 60 in regular mines, is going to yield more than enough iron and coal for constructing bombs, since now they are expensive to purchase from the dwarf directly.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend

Do note that there also isn't any difference in the reward from bringing 10 or using 99, the only change will be in a couple lines of dialogue. No matter what you do you'll only get one line in a file so really you can do either, I honestly don't find the 10 or less one much more positive than the alternative