Question 1.6 Price adjustments?

ISSsloth

Farmer
Hi all! I was wondering if there was a mod that lowered some of the prices for new content in 1.6. (I understand that it's meant to be late game content, but :g:25,000 for a jesters hat seems a bit much to me.) I've looked on Nexus Mods and in the forum, and can't seem to find anything that fits the bill. If this doesn't exist, does anyone know how I might go about coding it myself? It would be my first attempt at making a mod, but I think I'd be up to the challenge.

Dyanosis

Tiller
Hi all! I was wondering if there was a mod that lowered some of the prices for new content in 1.6. (I understand that it's meant to be late game content, but :g:25,000 for a jesters hat seems a bit much to me.) I've looked on Nexus Mods and in the forum, and can't seem to find anything that fits the bill. If this doesn't exist, does anyone know how I might go about coding it myself? It would be my first attempt at making a mod, but I think I'd be up to the challenge.
I don't know of any mods that affect hat prices. Lot of mods that affect Pierre, Clint, Robin, etc (prices, stock, both, etc)... The only ones I see for hats are for more hats (normally made with the support of Fashion Sense).

If you want to make a mod that affects prices, you just need Content Patcher and to understand JSON. Content Patcher's Wiki is an excellent starting point to figure things out. You'll want to download StardewXNBHack in order to unpack the content files. Then you'll want to look in the Contents (unpacked) -> Data folder for hats.json and Shops.json. Hats will tell you the ID and hat information. Shops will allow you to take the Hat ID and find the details about the hat. Then you need to make a CP mod that targets that hat within Data/Shops and modifies its price.

The following content.json would set the price of the JesterHat to 15,000:
JSON:
{
    "Format": "2.0.0",
    "Changes": [
        {
            "Action": "EditData",
            "Target": "Data/Shops",
            "TargetField": ["HatMouse", "Items"],
            "Fields": {
                "(H)JesterHat": {
                    "Price": 15000
                }
            }
        }
    ]
}

ISSsloth

Farmer
I don't know of any mods that affect hat prices. Lot of mods that affect Pierre, Clint, Robin, etc (prices, stock, both, etc)...

If you want to make a mod that affects prices...
Thank you so much for the advice! I'm not sure I was clear, I was referring generally to some expensive items added in 1.6 (books, catalogs in particular), I just used the jester hat as an example 😅. Thank you again though, I'll be sure to come back to this when I have the chance to try coding this.

Dyanosis

Tiller
Thank you so much for the advice! I'm not sure I was clear, I was referring generally to some expensive items added in 1.6 (books, catalogs in particular), I just used the jester hat as an example 😅. Thank you again though, I'll be sure to come back to this when I have the chance to try coding this.
Oh... I was using your example as an example for how to make a CP mod to change prices. You can do this for anything in any of the shops. Just change the shop name and the item ID. You can change multiple entries in each shop if you want.

I'm here to help if you want advice. I could even "code" (read, script) something for you as an example and then you could just change it to whatever you want.

Dyanosis

Tiller
Point stands though - most mods I've seen are adding new stuff (like adding new seeds and machines to Pierre's shop). I rarely, if ever, see a mod that changes existing shop items.