iOS Cannot retrieve item from lost and found

fierfaerie

Greenhorn
My hoe fell into the lost box, and I click to retrieve but it does not go into inventory, it's right back in the box. I can't get it out of the box. (This is also related to a different issue where things in inventory keep getting missing if you're holding them and you get some other item, the thing you are holding disappears. If it is a tool it will pop up in the lost and found. However for the hoe I cannot get it out.)
 

aishasfarm

Greenhorn
Yeah same here. Playing on ipad then suddenly lost my scythe but can't take it out of the Mayor's lost and found box.
 

Baggana

Newcomer
I am having the same issue as well. My scythe is in the lost and found box but it will not let me put it back into my inventory.
 

Dewdrop_farms

Greenhorn
Same bug on my iPad. I’ve tried retrieving my items after the fall festival and though I can see and click them within the lost and found box, they don’t transfer into my inventory.
 

Klaine

Farmhand
Same problem, lost my hoe and its in the lost and found box showing but would not transfer into my inventory :( Lost horse flute as well but not in lost and found box.
 

Shadypaddock

Newcomer
I have this issue with some items. When i click the items they dissappear from the box, but they dont go into my inventory and when i go back into the lost and found they appear there. Have tried many times and different days and closed and reoped the game but still the same issue.
1.6.14.3 update with android.
 

mewsubi

Developer
@Strdw11 @fierfaerie @aishasfarm @Baggana @Dewdrop_farms @Klaine @Misty @louzz @StoneryKitty @MapleGreen @Shadypaddock

Hey all!
Just wanted to let you know that we on the dev team are aware of the issue, and have actively been looking to fix it for upcoming mobile patches.

A couple things to help us out with the issue:
1. Are you using any Item ID glitches in your name? (i.e. [434] or the like?)
2. Can you upload the affected save file? Use the built-in Files app, and go to "On my iPhone" in the sidebar. Then, navigate to StardewValley -> FarmName_123456789, where FarmName_123456789 is the name of your farm, with some numbers at the end. If you can zip up that folder and upload it here, that'll help us out with being able to test the fixes.

Thanks for your patience, and I hope we can resolve the issue as soon as possible.
 

avivoir

Greenhorn
Here is my Android save file, hopefully I zipped it up right. Apparently, the items from my grange display are stuck in the Lost and Found box, and should include mayo, triple shot espresso, large egg, angler, diamond, pale ale, red cabbage, cranberries, and hazelnut. I can't get any of these items out. :(
@Strdw11 @fierfaerie @aishasfarm @Baggana @Dewdrop_farms @Klaine @Misty @louzz @StoneryKitty @MapleGreen @Shadypaddock

Hey all!
Just wanted to let you know that we on the dev team are aware of the issue, and have actively been looking to fix it for upcoming mobile patches.

A couple things to help us out with the issue:
1. Are you using any Item ID glitches in your name? (i.e. [434] or the like?)
2. Can you upload the affected save file? Use the built-in Files app, and go to "On my iPhone" in the sidebar. Then, navigate to StardewValley -> FarmName_123456789, where FarmName_123456789 is the name of your farm, with some numbers at the end. If you can zip up that folder and upload it here, that'll help us out with being able to test the fixes.

Thanks for your patience, and I hope we can resolve the issue as soon as possible.
 

Attachments

aishasfarm

Greenhorn
@Strdw11 @fierfaerie @aishasfarm @Baggana @Dewdrop_farms @Klaine @Misty @louzz @StoneryKitty @MapleGreen @Shadypaddock

Hey all!
Just wanted to let you know that we on the dev team are aware of the issue, and have actively been looking to fix it for upcoming mobile patches.

A couple things to help us out with the issue:
1. Are you using any Item ID glitches in your name? (i.e. [434] or the like?)
2. Can you upload the affected save file? Use the built-in Files app, and go to "On my iPhone" in the sidebar. Then, navigate to StardewValley -> FarmName_123456789, where FarmName_123456789 is the name of your farm, with some numbers at the end. If you can zip up that folder and upload it here, that'll help us out with being able to test the fixes.

Thanks for your patience, and I hope we can resolve the issue as soon as possible.
I was using code 434 for a while then glitches suddenly happened.
 

Attachments

mewsubi

Developer
Here is my Android save file, hopefully I zipped it up right. Apparently, the items from my grange display are stuck in the Lost and Found box, and should include mayo, triple shot espresso, large egg, angler, diamond, pale ale, red cabbage, cranberries, and hazelnut. I can't get any of these items out. :(
There is no save data inside the zip file attached, but that's alright! Please update to 1.6.14.7 and let me know if you still can't get the items out.
 

mewsubi

Developer
I was using code 434 for a while then glitches suddenly happened.
This save appears to be from 1.6.14.3, I recommend updating to 1.6.14.7 which released earlier today, and should fix these issues. Let me know if you still can't get the items out after updating!
 

aishasfarm

Greenhorn
This save appears to be from 1.6.14.3, I recommend updating to 1.6.14.7 which released earlier today, and should fix these issues. Let me know if you still can't get the items out after updating!
I can get the items out now! But after my name was mentioned, one of the tools got replaced by item 434, so the tool is lost again
 
Last edited:

Lemon Drop

Tiller
mewsubi, I don't know if this will help or not, but I have 3 different versions of SDV on 3 different iPads. (I have a lot of old iPads.😅) They are:

1.5.6 build 39
1.6.14 build 24317
1.6.14.7 build 24334

I started new (test) games on them the other day, and one difference that really popped out to me was that on the 1.5 game when an NPC said my name [74][434][645] most of it was shown onscreen, but in both the 1.6 versions there were just blank spaces. I don't know if that's relevant or not. (Screenshots attached.)

In the first two pics I'm just showing the difference between 1.5 and 1.6 during the initial cutscene. All the conversation from Lewis and Robin looks like this.

The 3rd picture is 1.5 after Pierre has interacted with me. Notice I ended up with 3 stardrops and my axe. (Red shirt.)

The 4th and 5th pics are 1.6.14. On this game I was forced to eat 2 stardrops, ending up with one stardrop and no axe. (White shirt.)

The 6th pic is 1.6.14.7. After interacting with Pierre on this game, I ended up with 2 stardrops (but in 2 different slots - they would normally stack) and no axe. (Purple shirt.)

Note: I was able to retrieve my axe from lost and found in both my 1.6 games.

Prior to 1.5, item codes worked perfectly; didn't have to worry about them at all.

With 1.5, if any item was highlighted in a slot when an NPC said your name, you'd lose that item (unless you already had a stardrop in your backpack, in which case it'd just usually get added to that slot). This also happened if you walked into a cutscene where someone spoke your name.😟 If you could figure out how to get the item codes to work like prior to 1.5, that would be great...but I'd settle for just getting them to work like 1.5, lol.😁

Thank you again for all your hard work, mewsubi.🥰❤ I was just going to quit using item codes in my name, but since you seem to be working on it, I thought these screenshots might help.
 

Attachments

Last edited:

mewsubi

Developer
mewsubi, I don't know if this will help or not, but I have 3 different versions of SDV on 3 different iPads. (I have a lot of old iPads.😅) They are:

1.5.6 build 39
1.6.14 build 24317
1.6.14.7 build 24334

I started new (test) games on them the other day, and one difference that really popped out to me was that on the 1.5 game when an NPC said my name [74][434][645] most of it was shown onscreen, but in both the 1.6 versions there were just blank spaces. I don't know if that's relevant or not. (Screenshots attached.)

In the first two pics I'm just showing the difference between 1.5 and 1.6 during the initial cutscene. All the conversation from Lewis and Robin looks like this.

The 3rd picture is 1.5 after Pierre has interacted with me. Notice I ended up with 3 stardrops and my axe. (Red shirt.)

The 4th and 5th pics are 1.6.14. On this game I was forced to eat 2 stardrops, ending up with one stardrop and no axe. (White shirt.)

The 6th pic is 1.6.14.7. After interacting with Pierre on this game, I ended up with 2 stardrops (but in 2 different slots - they would normally stack) and no axe. (Purple shirt.)

Note: I was able to retrieve my axe from lost and found in both my 1.6 games.

Prior to 1.5, item codes worked perfectly; didn't have to worry about them at all.

With 1.5, if any item was highlighted in a slot when an NPC said your name, you'd lose that item (unless you already had a stardrop in your backpack, in which case it'd just usually get added to that slot). This also happened if you walked into a cutscene where someone spoke your name.😟 If you could figure out how to get the item codes to work like prior to 1.5, that would be great...but I'd settle for just getting them to work like 1.5, lol.😁

Thank you again for all your hard work, mewsubi.🥰❤ I was just going to quit using item codes in my name, but since you seem to be working on it, I thought these screenshots might help.
Thanks! This is a pretty helpful breakdown, I'll see what can be done.
 
Top