Solved [1.6.9] Some quests take more items than they should [Windows]

GoudaQuiche

Greenhorn
The wizard asked me for one void essence. When giving him the item, I use a stack of two void essences. He picks them both while he should only take one. I have seen the same thing when Robin requires some hard wood.

GoudaQuiche

Greenhorn
To reproduce,use this savefile.

- Check the mailbox, accept wizard's request
- Pick 2 void essences from the the chest at the right of the workbench
- Deliver void essence to the wizard with a 2 items stack

Attachments

GoudaQuiche

Greenhorn
I just had the bug when giving a squid to Willy for a quest coming from the mailbox. Pretty annoying considering I wanted to use the second squid to make bait for the squid fest. This is annoying to not be able to trust the game. It seems that it is all the quests that come from mails that are bugged this way.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I just had the bug when giving a squid to Willy for a quest coming from the mailbox. Pretty annoying considering I wanted to use the second squid to make bait for the squid fest. This is annoying to not be able to trust the game. It seems that it is all the quests that come from mails that are bugged this way.
Finding bugs is the point if beta testing and anyone could find something along the lines of a minor visual glitch to something that corrupts your save entirely. If you have a save that you love, I'd suggest saving a copy of it after every in-game day so you can replay to test the bug again to make sure it's repeatable, and then to replay again to do something different to avoid the bug. You should still have your save from the previous day in Stardew's Saves folder so you can make that your primary save file and replay the day.

GoudaQuiche

Greenhorn
Finding bugs is the point if beta testing and anyone could find something along the lines of a minor visual glitch to something that corrupts your save entirely. If you have a save that you love, I'd suggest saving a copy of it after every in-game day so you can replay to test the bug again to make sure it's repeatable, and then to replay again to do something different to avoid the bug. You should still have your save from the previous day in Stardew's Saves folder so you can make that your primary save file and replay the day.
I feel bug correction priority should be indexed in some way to the frustration they induce to the players. I have had this bug numerous times and yes it messed up with my plans. I will keep on playing the beta, submitting bugs and explaining what kind of frustration they bring to me. I would not play the beta if I did not know what it implies. I take some shameless pride at being able to spot bugs and find they get corrected.

Thank you for your support though :thumbsup:

Last edited: