Windows [1.6.9]Monster slayer notification sometimes lies because the kill counter bugs

GoudaQuiche

Greenhorn
I had this bug occuring with different conditions.

- I had a quest requiring to kill a number of monsters(from Lewis) and achieved a monster slayer goal in the same blow.
- A monster I killed made a staircase appear

In both cases, the notification occured, I went straight to the guild and the number was right under the limit. 499/500 or 999/1000. Gill told me to come back later - But I did have the notification showing - I would not have gone to see Gill if it did not. I have to go back to the mines, kill a single monster then go back to Gill. I kill a single monster and the notification does not appear this time.

Either the goal is reached or it is not. I should not have the notification if if I am 1 monster off.
I suspect some code is misplaced and gets skipped when something else special occurs, but the monster slayer notification still pops up.

It is hard to reproduce because it is rng/luck based. It is minor, but it remains annoying to have a kill stolen/misscounted and to be forced to get back and forth while being told you did not achieve anything while the game told you, you did in the first place.

An older occurence of it happening to me : https://discord.com/channels/137344473976799233/337774601696313347/1286881515459837994

Last edited: