Solved 1.6.9 BETA game crashing bug [Windows]

Floyd

Newcomer
During year 1 starting in Autumn the game has started crashing whenever anyone enters the community centre, if you are an invited player this kicks you from the game and closes it. you only have a black screen with the sounds but cannot move or exit, if you are in multiplayer and the other person goes to bed the game will not progress beyond 2am and you will not pass out.

I've been using SMAPI to launch the game however I am playing without mods for this save file because my partner doesn't have any and wants a vanilla playthrough. on SMAPI it will continuously play out the same message in red and won't stop, I've pasted the message below in case it helps in fixing the issue.
This bug completely breaks the game as we cannot progress with any of the bundles, if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

[game] An error occurred in the base update loop: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at StardewValley.Locations.CommunityCenter.loadArea(Int32 area, Boolean showEffects) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\CommunityCenter.cs:line 761
at StardewValley.Locations.CommunityCenter.MakeMapModifications(Boolean force) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\CommunityCenter.cs:line 567
at StardewValley.GameLocation.resetForPlayerEntry() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 7076
at StardewValley.Game1.onFadeToBlackComplete() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 6378
at StardewValley.BellsAndWhistles.ScreenFade.UpdateFade(GameTime time) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\BellsAndWhistles\ScreenFade.cs:line 46
at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateOther(GameTime time) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 6703
at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4086
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3204
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate) in SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:line 1084
[game] An error occurred in the base update loop: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.