Windows 1.5.6 Game Frequently Crashes - Error on New Day

reidingrainbow

Newcomer
Hello,

I have started seeing the game crash relatively frequently (every couple of in-game days) right at the end of the day, before a save happens - resulting in the day having to be replayed. The game does not display any error messages, it just closes immediately back to the desktop.

Game Version: 1.5.6 Hotfix #3. I'm playing multiplayer with one other person, we've seen the issue both over LAN and joining via invite code. The host computer crashes, and then the other computer obviously disconnects shortly after. I haven't been able to identify any consistency on if there is anything special about the days where it crashes. I've attached error logs from the four most recent incidents, and included one of them in the text of the post below. Just attempting to interpret the stack trace it seems like it's related to the island content.

Let me know anything additional I can provide or try. Thanks and we love the game.

---------------
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at StardewValley.NPC.parseMasterSchedule(String rawData) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\NPC.cs:line 5560
at StardewValley.Locations.IslandSouth.SetupIslandSchedules() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\IslandSouth.cs:line 1331
at StardewValley.Game1._newDayAfterFade()+MoveNext() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 9714
at StardewValley.Game1.<>c.<newDayAfterFade>b__716_2() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 8714
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__277_0(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
---------------

InnerException:
Stack Trace: at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4154
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3974
at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 1067
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 814
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 567
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 91
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481
at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 175

Game Version: 1.5.6 Hotfix #3
SDK Helper: SteamHelper
Game Language: en
GPU: GeForce RTX 2060/PCIe/SSE2
Multiplayer (Host)
Playing on Controller
In-game Date: spring 5 Y3 Time of Day: 2540
Game Location: IslandFarmHouse

Attachments

reidingrainbow

Newcomer
I'm not totally positive, but I think we have narrowed this down a little bit. I believe it happens on any day when we attempt to build the resort on Ginger Island. I don't think we are doing anything unique with building the resort. The only non-normal thing I can see is that there are a lot of trees planted where the resort gets built.

brimoo

Greenhorn
Hiya, I'm having the exact same issue. Did you guys manage to resolve it? I found that if I build the resort, and then immediately close it with the on/off toggle on the front of the resort, then I can play the game fine. However, the villagers don't come to visit obviously when it's closed. I'm currently trying to figure how to fully fix it since I was Gus to come to island so that I can unlock a recipe which he has for sale there.