Auto-Grabbers for Truffles

Shezeu

Farmhand
Or they could just gather automatically in the same auto-grabber that we place in a barn. I often have to cut the grass to see if I missed some truffles.
Honestly that would be way more ideal, I only suggested it being something for outside because that's where they dig them up and they're placed :)
I have to cut grass to try and find them sometimes too, or lately I've gotten the tractor mod so I'll hop on the tractor with the intent to use my scythe to pick them up but it'll chop down all the grass I'm wanting to keep instead :sweat:

Whispereon

Greenhorn
Much like the truffles, players often start overlooking the children after they've grown and just run around. So why don't we make both useful? Once your child(ren) has grown to the max. They can start helping the farm by running around the farm collecting truffles and then they put it in maybe a little chest in their room for you to pick up whenever you want. Or maybe they can put it in the auto grabber if that makes sense. :happy:

Kurachi84

Planter
The Deluxe Auto-Grabber mod picks up truffles along with all forage on the map. It requires you to put an auto-grabber on a certain spot in the desert. Exact spot is detailed on it's nexus page. https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2462
I set it to another location, but i think everyone wants to have such autograbber, and mods are available not for everyone.
Too bad that autograbber doesn't pick up coop stuff for me, and no artifact spots, which another version did, but is outdated.

But yeah, main problem is that not everyone can use them.

levy

Farmhand
What I'd like to see too would be an auto-grabber for the chicken coop, it just feels natural as an extension to the one for the cow barn 🤔
I was honestly surprised that wasn't an option.

I haven't had problems with the truffles yet, but that might be because I only owe 1 pig.

redbobcat

Rancher
What I'd like to see too would be an auto-grabber for the chicken coop, it just feels natural as an extension to the one for the cow barn 🤔
I was honestly surprised that wasn't an option.

I haven't had problems with the truffles yet, but that might be because I only owe 1 pig.
The same autograbber now works for chicken coop as well. Do you have the latest upgrade?

levy

Farmhand
I was not aware of that, I'll definitely check it out! Thank you :)

*e: I'm playing 1.4 on the Switch and I guess I never tried it in the chicken coop because the Item Text still says "works for cows, sheep and goats"
*e2: The text is still the same but omg it works, that's gonna make everything at least a bit easier xD

Last edited:

Lully

Farmhand
Well, I'll leave a tip here: For those having a hard time finding your truffles, there is an outstanding mod called "Daily Tasks Report". It gives you a report of how many crops you can collect, how many animals you haven't pet, etc etc. The cool thing about it is not even the report (which is awesome sometimes as well because it gives you the location of the crop or the name of the animal), it puts little bubbles on top of the stuff you gotta do. If there is a crop you haven't watered, there is a bubble over it. There is also a bubble with a heart over the animals saying you haven't pet them or a milk on cowns you haven't milked, scissors on sheep that you can shed and bubbles over the truffles as well, so they are easy to spot. You can custom it on a variety of ways and have a button to show / hide these bubbles. The only thing I don't like on this mod is that it reports pigs inside the barn as "uncollected animal product" and if you want to get an "All done!" list it's kinda anoying. Anyway, I do recommend it. xoxo

bubbles.png

Last edited: