Quality of Life Suggestions for Decorators

LettuceFarm

Planter
Hello! It's me again. I needed to make a thread just for decorating after I saw TruePurple's post. I use Stardew Valley mostly for decorating and would like to suggest some changes (and build on common requests) to improve an unmodded decorator's quality of life. Also threw in some of my decorating wishes:ghost:

1) Lock rugs in place after furniture is placed on top
similar to how you cannot remove a table without first removing whatever is on top

2) Ability to rotate bookcases
oh the room layout possibilities
캡처bookcase.JPG

3) Stack furniture items in inventory/chests
Certain furniture items such as Banners, Stump Torch, Exotic Tree, and more are not stackable in inventory which makes decorating quite inconvenient. However, I do understand why rotatable furniture pieces are not stackable.

4) Ability to display wearables such as weapons and hats
Look at how cool the sword looks :<
캡처asdc.JPG

5) Allow for this pillar to change color
캡처paint.JPG

6) Addition of "Dark End Table", "Dark Dining Table", & "Dark Bed" :ghost:
To complete the Dark furniture series

1614220473249.png
1614220484739.png
1614220110334.png
1614220490684.png

7) Stop "Seasonal Plants" from changing seasons in the greenhouse
just for consistency's sake

8) Ability to rotate Scarecrows
While I'm at it, it would be nice to be able to rotate other equipment as well (such as the workbench, keg, furniture catalogue, etc)

8) Coffee Table in different colors (the basic Oak, Walnut, Birch)
1614220558250.png

9) Ability to put more items (3) on Long Dining Tables
just one dish for a table this big looks so sparse
캡처tablescaaf.JPG

10) Ability to dress "Rarecrow 3" Alien with clothing
Since we can already put hats on them, oh the possibilities! This is a major wish rather than suggestion :ghost:
1614221523564.png

Let me know what you think~ Agree? Disagree? Add more suggestions?:mushroom:

Completely agree with suggestions 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, and 7! Some really good ones on this list!

#5 (that one annoying yellow column) This is a major peeve of mine. I don't use colors that clash with it when I paint my farmhouse so my options are much more limited. Grrr...

#8 I think CA may have figured the tea table worked as a substitute for the coffee table in the other wood colors. Somewhat interested to see other coffee tables introduced but, for me, the tea tables cover my needs.

Odin

Staff member
Lots of great ideas! I'd also like to see more items become stackable in your inventory (#3), especially anything decoration related. And #7 is a great catch of a small inconsistency.

Leavo

Planter
I love these suggestions. It would also be great to have the interior equivalent of something like the Stardew planner where we could take our time trying out various options (does that already exist? I tried searching for it--wish I knew how to make it myself!).

LettuceFarm

Planter
I love these suggestions. It would also be great to have the interior equivalent of something like the Stardew planner where we could take our time trying out various options (does that already exist? I tried searching for it--wish I knew how to make it myself!).
hmm I haven't come across an interior planner yet but that would be super helpful to save some time on the game:proud: