Issue Error when giving Bouquet to Sebastian

ZabethT96

Newcomer
Hello! I am having a mod error and I can't tell which mod is causing it. I'm trying to romance Sebastian. However, when I tried giving a bouquet to him, it simply kept popping up with the "give bouquet" option over and over again. I exited the game and re-loaded it after checking that all the mods were updated on Vortex, but got the same error again. I haven't tried to see if it happens when giving the bouquet to anyone other than Sebastian.

This is the error:

An error occurred in the base update loop: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key 'give_flowersB' was not present in the dictionary. at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key) at StardewValley.Dialogue.chooseResponse(Response response) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Dialogue.cs:line 1529 at StardewValley.Menus.DialogueBox.receiveLeftClick(Int32 x, Int32 y, Boolean playSound) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\DialogueBox.cs:line 360 at StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4914 at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4010 at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3185 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate) in SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:line 1084

Here is my SNAPI Log: https://smapi.io/log/df06a30b227b439381f498286f371213

The error message I was given was a game error, but I couldn't find anywhere that seems to have the same issue except for more than two years ago? Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it? I have multiple mods installed, but I figured I'd post here if that helps.

Thanks for any help in advance. I am playing on a Windows 10 OS.

ZabethT96

Newcomer
I was able to figure it out with the help of someone else, but if you have the same issue here is the resolution:

It's a change in "The Only One For Me". It changes the bouquet dialogue to read give_flowersA and give_flowersB from the npcs' dialogue files. But, it only gives Abigail a response to those keys, so it messes up with everyone else.

For vanilla npcs, I believe you can get around that with one of Miss Coriel's mods, but I'm not sure which one (I think it's either Courtship Response 5 or Courtship Response Core.)

Alternatively, you can comment out this section of "The Only One For Me"'s content.json if you aren't dating Abigail:

{
"Action": "EditData",
"Target": "Strings/StringsFromCSFiles",
"Entries": {
"NPC.cs.3962": "$q 10001 give_flowersA#?!...#$r 10001 0 give_flowersA# [Give Bouquet]",
"NPC.cs.3963": "$q 10001 give_flowersB#?!...#$r 10001 0 give_flowersB# [Give Bouquet]",
"NPC.cs.3980": "$q 10001 give_pendant#?!...#$r 10001 0 give_pendant# Will you marry me?"
}
},

(To comment that out, put a /* before the first of those lines, and */ after the last one.)