Whats your favorite game!

__Fishy__

Planter
It's hard to choose one since I've grown up with some great games, but I'd probably have to go with Skyrim. It blew me away when I first played it and with the modding community, it has endless possibilities and playstyles!

Rotan

Sodbuster
all time fav has to be diablo 2 or Morrowind. Stardew is definitely up there in the top 5 though.

As for why... well I like diablo 2 cause its mindless grinding and a challenge once you get into 'hell' mode. Something about leveling up my character and gear. I would say morrowind for the same reasons, and how much detail is in it. Such as quests and characters.

Im sure I dont have to explain why I love stardew ;)

Mcwhalen

Farmhand
  • Everquest
  • SNES Zelda LTTP
  • Shadowrun
  • Fallout 4
  • Secret of Evermore
  • Dragonforce on Sega Saturn
    • Super rare cult classic, as is "Shadowun" on both Sega Genesis and SNES. "Secret of Evermore" Stands out as some of the best use of spirites and layers for amazingly detailed, and boundary pushing scenery. The soundtrack is some of the most purpose-based and atmospheric widening, you'll ever hear pre-mp3. It was done by the guy who did Skyrim etc now. But the graphics really standout as a medium that stardew valley has kept true to form, and has shown this art form has aged well

Last edited:

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
might i ask what it's about? :)
it's a dark spin of alice in wonderland and based around a girl, alice liddell, who is suffering after watching her family die from a tragic fire. it's a horror game, but it plays a lot more on psychological aspects rather than jumpscares. it's a really great story and the game is a lot of fun, one of my favorite games to play through

Chililover

Planter
it's a dark spin of alice in wonderland and based around a girl, alice liddell, who is suffering after watching her family die from a tragic fire. it's a horror game, but it plays a lot more on psychological aspects rather than jumpscares. it's a really great story and the game is a lot of fun, one of my favorite games to play through
:flushed: WHo knew Alice in the wonderland could be dark. I'll take your word that it's great. Maybe I'll play it sometime in the not so near future lol!

Lorekeeper

Farmhand
My favourite game is Okami. It’s been my favourite ever since I checked out the Wii port a good few years ago, and it’s one I continue to love playing whenever I decide to revisit it.

My favourite part of it is actually the third arc of the game- it has some of my favourite music, and the final true dungeon is my favourite in general, in addition to having my favourite boss. Basically a whole lot of great in this one segment. Though Catcall Tower is an unconventional segment I like. Mechanically not that great, but there’s something so wonderfully melancholic about it that I can’t help but love it anyway.

As for why I like it? What it does with mythology. I won’t claim to be an expert on any kind of mythology, but Okami is a big reason why I’m so interested in it, with how many myths and legends are incorporated into its world and story.

Quillmagic

Farmer
Oo, that sounds cool! That reminds me of one of my faves, “Another Sight” It’s got an Alice-in-Wonderland feel to it, but it’s about a girl named Kit who falls and finds that she’s blind but can see... sound. Like, noises are light. She meets a cat and the cat can see normally, so you can switch between perspectives. It’s a puzzle game, and I think it’s really cool! Has sort of a spoopy vibe to it, too. You’re actually trying to escape from your uncle finding you!

starbrite

Sodbuster
It's so hard to pick between Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption 2, and the original Final Fantasy VII!

I play RDR2 so much. It's a beautiful game, the character/horse animations are out of this world, the details in the world/animals/people are incredible, and it's the most immersive game I've played. The story was also pretty good, but the takeaway really is the attention to detail and the huge world. Best present my bf could've bought me tbh.

Skyrim reminds me so much of RDR2 in the open world aspect, but I love it as a role playing simulator and an inspiration for my own writing. I've modded mine to the point it's not even Skyrim anymore lol, but the base premise of the game still is good. The OST is beautiful too.

FFVII has the best story in a game I've played so far. Without going into spoiler land, it really was the first game to make me think about characters, their stories, and how the world is woven in with them. It almost played like a mystery novel to me, and was very very enjoyable despite how sad it was. I haven't been able to find a game that has been as well written as that one and got me as invested in it.