What are you reading?

Jar

Rancher
im . . .usually working on several books
i jus read whichever is closest when i feel like reading
There's The Vault by Emily McKay, 3rd book in a series, wouldn't recommend
Parasite by Mira Grant, also part of a series, kind of paused from reading it because I own that book and I need to finish my library books before they need returned, I think there's three books in the series?
How it Feels to Float by Helena Fox, I started reading this and then forgot I had started reading it so I may need to reread what I've already read? Also a book I own so it'll be a while before I get to it
There's another book also, but I forgot what it's called? And I'm lazy, it's about a blind girl tho, and it's really interesting and I kind of want to go read that now.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
i................ need to read more. i am not currently reading anything which is kind of a Bad Thing because i am big on writing

for people who don't read much but might like some thought provoking fiction, what are y'alls recommendations? (i love horror, sci-fi, fantasy, all that stuff)

ashthetrouble

Farmhand
Cecelia Ahern: A Place Called Here
I love how she weaves fantasy into her plot. It makes your normal everyday event, not so mundane anymore. I like all of her works so far (Flawed, Perfect and The Book of Tomorrow). My next book would probably another one of her work.

Reactions: Jar

carls

Greenhorn
Recently finished Doctor Sleep, Stephen Kings sequel to the Shining. It’s very good and would recommend if you are a fan of the Shining. Though, having seen the movie first, there’s some changes that I liked that the movie did from the book (especially with the climax).

Jar

Rancher
im . . .usually working on several books
i jus read whichever is closest when i feel like reading
There's The Vault by Emily McKay, 3rd book in a series, wouldn't recommend
Parasite by Mira Grant, also part of a series, kind of paused from reading it because I own that book and I need to finish my library books before they need returned, I think there's three books in the series?
How it Feels to Float by Helena Fox, I started reading this and then forgot I had started reading it so I may need to reread what I've already read? Also a book I own so it'll be a while before I get to it
There's another book also, but I forgot what it's called? And I'm lazy, it's about a blind girl tho, and it's really interesting and I kind of want to go read that now.
still reading The Vault, it kinda sucks so it's taking a while
finished reading Not if I see you first by Eric Lindstrom, i rly liked that book, once ive read more of the books i own that are unread i might consider buying my own copy of it
also read Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi, i got through it decently quickly, mostly bc it was overdue and rly needed to go back to the library
but i rly liked it! now im on the second book, Unravel Me
lowkey guessed part of what was going to happen tho, yay
the problem with me reading lately is: im always trying to guess what's going to happen next and im getting prtty decent at it
have not yet decided what i'm going to start reading next - as im almost finished reading Unravel Me, and i'd like to avoid the Vault a little longer
i think i have Ignite Me waiting in the cupboard for reading, but then there's also so many more books to this series after that
does Tahereh not know how to chill?

BethT4

Greenhorn
I just finished The Toll by Neal Shusterman. I need to finish reading Marissa Meyer's Supernova tho. Found a signed copy a while back, never finished it tho haha

Brettney

Newcomer
I am currently 25% through Oathbringer by Brandon Sanderson and very sad to soon be caught up. I hate waiting!!
love love love me some Brandon Sanderson!! I'm currently audiobooking my way through the Wheel of Time series. I'm on The Dragon Reborn right now.

Have you read Sandersons Mistborn series? That's after WoT for me!

carls

Greenhorn
love love love me some Brandon Sanderson!! I'm currently audiobooking my way through the Wheel of Time series. I'm on The Dragon Reborn right now.

Have you read Sandersons Mistborn series? That's after WoT for me!
The Mistborn series is reallllly good (granted it's the only series by Sanderson I've read at the moment lol). My fiance owns some more Sanderson books so I might read those or read the Witcher series.

Also might look into starting the Discworld series since I got the time now..

Jar

Rancher
still reading The Vault, it kinda sucks so it's taking a while
finished reading Not if I see you first by Eric Lindstrom, i rly liked that book, once ive read more of the books i own that are unread i might consider buying my own copy of it
also read Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi, i got through it decently quickly, mostly bc it was overdue and rly needed to go back to the library
but i rly liked it! now im on the second book, Unravel Me
lowkey guessed part of what was going to happen tho, yay
the problem with me reading lately is: im always trying to guess what's going to happen next and im getting prtty decent at it
have not yet decided what i'm going to start reading next - as im almost finished reading Unravel Me, and i'd like to avoid the Vault a little longer
i think i have Ignite Me waiting in the cupboard for reading, but then there's also so many more books to this series after that
does Tahereh not know how to chill?
I finished reading Unravel Me, I do have Ignite Me waiting in the cupboard, i gotta start that soon!
i read hysteria by Megan Miranda in one day! it was a little bit of a confusing read but i liked it, i doubt i'll ever reread it
i feel 13 again, reading entire books in one day lol
started rereading Gone by Michael Grant bc i love those books
I gave up on reading the Christopher Pike book because it turned out i hated that book . . . a lot
also started reading The Waning Age by S.E Grove! almost finished that book, it's about how people get to a certain age and then their emotions start waning until they have no emotions
but the rich can still have them bc they just Buy emotions
its good book!
i have so many book to read and im excited!!!!!!!!!!

Joker

Cowpoke
I just picked up Steinbeck's East of Eden. I'm only a few pages in, but I think I'm already in love with this book. Steinbeck has such a lovely way with words.