Universal Loves - They don't like it?

Yuko

Greenhorn
I use wiki to look for gifts that villagers should love and like.
But I had issue, with Universal Love Gifts.
For example I wanted to make Alex birth day gift, I didn't had any fish or incredidents for dishes he like, so I've looked at universal loves gifts. I had two
Golden Pumpkins from halloween
so I've decide to give him one. But he hate it, I didn't see like he have hate item in universal love (like some character does.) I was confused but I though maybe it just a bug or something. Later same year at this Chrimas event, I've decided to give Clint one of my pearls I had, but situation was the same like with Alex, he hated it. I wonder if this is cause wiki haven't been updated or I don't know.

redbobcat

Rancher
I gave that Halloween item to a villager just recently and they loved it. Don’t remember who it was though. There were no changes to universal loved gifts as far as I know.

Boo1972

Farmer
There are exceptions to universal loved gifts. Haley hates prismatic shard and Penny hates rabbits foot. I’m sure there are more. Alex likes eggs so he gets a lot from me.

Lemon_Stone

Rancher
How recently did you encounter this issue? If recent, it sounds to me like you might have a bug on your hands. I'm pretty sure that everyone is supposed to love the golden pumpkin and pearl.

Aine

Planter
Or maybe, the list in the wiki is not updated? I am pretty sure that the gift thing was updated. Can you go to your villagers list and click on Alex face? It will open a windows with all the gifts you gave him, take a screenshot of that, maybe the golden pumpkin is now hated by him.

Prior to 1.4, the golden pumpkin was a universally hated gift, so if you're playing an older version, that could be the problem. Otherwise, the golden pumpkin should be loved by everyone with no exceptions, according to the wiki.

Sockpuppet

Sodbuster
I use pomegranates for my universal gifts which I grow on the farm and also in the greenhouse after the bundle completion.