Riverland Farm This is my swamp

estewanini

Sodbuster
Hello all, I'm real new to Stardew as well as forum-ing in general. Bought the game 2 weeks ago and, because I lack self-control, have spent an ungodly amount of hours on it. Just starting my 3rd year and have neglected to actually decorate the farm - but no longer! Here's my swamp farm.

stardewplanner-20200916.png

I realize this isn't everybody's favorite farm but I personally like it, you could take advantage of the land with rice shoots and crab pots. Aside from initially losing lumber to the depths and having my horsie stuck on the bridge sometimes, I'm having a blast decorating it. Will update when I have enough resources for the magic buildings and on what I'll do with the no-man's-land slimehutch island.

Yeah, which would mean mining a lot, but that's one of my favorite things to do :) I wish the Adventurer's Guild sold magnet rings and Iridium Bands though! Iridium Bands are super hard to craft.

imnvs

Local Legend
Yeah, which would mean mining a lot, but that's one of my favorite things to do :) I wish the Adventurer's Guild sold magnet rings and Iridium Bands though! Iridium Bands are super hard to craft.
What I find is a limiter when I get there are the essences... and those are available for sale. If you had everything else, you could make one iridium band every 5 days.

estewanini

Sodbuster
Update to the swamp!

Decided to change my farming profession from agriculturist to coopmaster until I finish filling my raptor coop, so I repurposed the upper farm land to a pig/sheep area. Still figuring out where I can place a tea farm, how to decorate the 3rd fish pond area (those bushes will be the death of me), fruit tree orchard and slime hutch island. Also realize the place could use with a little more trees... decisions decisions for next winter.

2020120316340400-C2B49A475DF5A340494292A1BD398579.jpg

imnvs

Local Legend
Something to remember, if you're unsure if you have the space for what you want... you can always use a shed. They are bigger on the inside than the outside, so you can fit more tea bushes inside the shed than you could in the same space the shed takes up outside. Unfortunately, that does mean both building a shed AND crafting a whole bunch of garden pots.

I did something else, which I can suggest as well, if you're okay with your tea bushes not being on the farm... you can put down garden pots just about anywhere (though you want to ensure no NPCs will walk through that square and destroy your garden pot) and put tea bushes in them. I have a small pile in the backwoods since no NPCs path through that area.

estewanini

Sodbuster
Something to remember, if you're unsure if you have the space for what you want... you can always use a shed. They are bigger on the inside than the outside, so you can fit more tea bushes inside the shed than you could in the same space the shed takes up outside. Unfortunately, that does mean both building a shed AND crafting a whole bunch of garden pots.

I did something else, which I can suggest as well, if you're okay with your tea bushes not being on the farm... you can put down garden pots just about anywhere (though you want to ensure no NPCs will walk through that square and destroy your garden pot) and put tea bushes in them. I have a small pile in the backwoods since no NPCs path through that area.
Thanks you! This is really helpful :D

I like the shed idea, I was thinking of placing it on the fruit tree orchard but that's expensive and a b*ch to edit. For now I'm looking at the space in front of/behind the greenhouse. If I do end up wanting the space I'll keep the fruit trees strictly to the greenhouse and make it something else. I haven't ventured my decos anywhere outside the farm, good to know that NPCs can destroy things, I didn't know that before. Again, thanks a lot for these tips!

EDIT: Oh, I also heard you can replace fences with tea saps, so that's also an idea to do.

Last edited:

imnvs

Local Legend
EDIT: Oh, I also heard you can replace fences with tea saps, so that's also an idea to do.
Oh, yes. This is definitely the way to go. Any fencing should be replaced with tea bushes... EXCEPT that you need actual fencing on either side of gates for them to work properly. That can be done with literally 1 bit of fencing on either side.