should I donate a dinosaur egg to the museum?

what will you do/ did

• donate the egg to the museum

• incubate the egg

• raise an army of dinosaurs

• good luck finding that egg

Results are only viewable after voting.

kirbysup

Greenhorn
hi, so to my understanding you can incubate a dinasour egg in the coop rather then donating it to the museum, I still didn't find one yet but when I do should I donate it or incubate it?
I dont want to "waste" it but I dont have any intrest right now to start raising little dinosaur and complicating myself in the process, what do you think? and what do you even do with the dinosaurs?

If you want to hedge your bets, incubate the egg, hatch a baby dinosaur, let it grow up, wait for it to lay two eggs, then sell the dinosaur after it lays the second egg.

You now have two eggs, so donate one to Gunther and keep the other in a chest. You will now always have the option to start a dinosaur farm, without tying yourself into it, and you have kept Gunther happy too.

redbobcat

Rancher
Donate the first egg, it's cracked. The second egg you find will be intact and can be put into an incubator. If you want to know more message me.
Why would you even suggest that? Of course you need to incubate the first egg. Who knows when you can get a second one. Raise your dino, get a few eggs: one for the museum, one to make a mayo for movie bundle, one to put aside just in case. You can sell little dino after if you like. Personally I keep it around and make mayo from eggs, it sells well.

I remember how upset I was when I donated the egg and then found out I could’ve hatched it. It was before the latest update so the eggs were super rare. Never got a second one in that game 😥 Now at least you a have better chance of finding more 🙂

Lady Laurus

Tiller
Why would you even suggest that? Of course you need to incubate the first egg. Who knows when you can get a second one. Raise your dino, get a few eggs: one for the museum, one to make a mayo for movie bundle, one to put aside just in case. You can sell little dino after if you like. Personally I keep it around and make mayo from eggs, it sells well.

I remember how upset I was when I donated the egg and then found out I could’ve hatched it. It was before the latest update so the eggs were super rare. Never got a second one in that game 😥 Now at least you a have better chance of finding more 🙂
I honestly didn't know, I just assumed because it said it was cracked it wouldn't incubate. Disregard my first comment. I'm sorry.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Incubate and create that prehistoric army!

Once I finish the coop requirements for the Community Center, I sell everything else in the coop except one bunny and fill the rest with Dinos and mayo their eggs. Decent return on time investment as dinos lay eggs infrequently but the mayo's valuable and you still get some wool for clothes. Maybe keep one chicken if you need eggs for cooking.

Anhaga

Rancher
hi, so to my understanding you can incubate a dinasour egg in the coop rather then donating it to the museum, I still didn't find one yet but when I do should I donate it or incubate it?
I dont want to "waste" it but I dont have any intrest right now to start raising little dinosaur and complicating myself in the process, what do you think? and what do you even do with the dinosaurs?
Raising the dinosaurs is no different than raising any other coop animal and it can be very profitable (dinosaur mayo sells well!). Always, always incubate that first egg. There is no guarantee you'll find another.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
the only reason you should donate first is if you're absolutely 100% sure you don't want to raise dinosaurs. if you just want the achievements, go hog wild. but you will need more than one dinosaur egg if you want to 100% so i do recommend incubating, the wait is worth the luck it takes to get another egg

Rhiannon

Farmer
I kept my first one, incubated it, hatched, got more eggs, incubated those and now I have a coop over half full of the little guys. The mayo sells for more than other mayo (you just don't get it as often) and I now have over 20 eggs in storage for "just in case".

Widget

Sodbuster
I honestly didn't know, I just assumed because it said it was cracked it wouldn't incubate. Disregard my first comment. I'm sorry.
I'm asking this question out of plain curiosity, not with hostility or nastiness, so please don't be offended. How did you get the notion that the egg was cracked? I've never seen any dialog that would lead me to think that, but there is an AWFUL lot of dialog that I still haven't seen in this game, and I have 4 simultaneous saves going.

Lady Laurus

Tiller
I'm asking this question out of plain curiosity, not with hostility or nastiness, so please don't be offended. How did you get the notion that the egg was cracked? I've never seen any dialog that would lead me to think that, but there is an AWFUL lot of dialog that I still haven't seen in this game, and I have 4 simultaneous saves going.
At one point I scrolled my mouse over the egg and read the description, it was the first egg I had found.

Boo1972

Farmer
At one point I scrolled my mouse over the egg and read the description, it was the first egg I had found.
When I first found the egg and read the same description, I also doubted it would hatch. I put it the incubator and waited and waited. And waited and waited some more. I figured the cracked egg wouldn’t hatch and was figuratively kicking myself when I counted the animals in my coop. I had 12. I sold a chicken and the Dino Hatched the next day.

Anhaga

Rancher
Is there a version of the description that says it's cracked? This is the standard PC one, so far as I know: "A giant dino egg... The entire shell is still intact!"

Boo1972

Farmer
Is there a version of the description that says it's cracked? This is the standard PC one, so far as I know: "A giant dino egg... The entire shell is still intact!"
I definitely remember reading the egg was cracked but I play On mobile.

This is the veteran animal crossing fan coming out in me, but... yes. Donate the egg. Trust me, you will find another one. Eric Barone made it a bit easier to find the eggs. Used to be a pain.

havok

Greenhorn
Found the egg pretty early on and was super excited to add to the museum. Never crossed my mind to throw I to an incubator (which I didn't have yet).

Quillmagic

Farmer
Definitely incubate it because though I don’t like dinosaurs, you will need them later.
you need dinosaur mayo for the movie theater