Shipping Bin Suggestion

Spectre7even

Sodbuster
Forgive me if this has already been suggested before; I'm new to the forums and haven't been around long.

My thoughts are, it would be incredibly handy if the shipping bin were changed so that it became an item that we could craft ourselves and place in any outside location on the map, not just within our farm. It would be awesome for those of us who love to go on all-day fishing trips to be able to empty our inventories when they're full of fish into a shipping bin right at the Mountain Lake or the Forest River or the Ocean, instead of having to trek back to our farm to toss 'em there.

Perhaps maybe we would only be allowed to craft one or two additional shipping bins, but we would be able to pick them up and carry them when needed? I don't know; I just thought it might be helpful. I know I'd love it! :wink:

Widget

Sodbuster
Forgive me if this has already been suggested before; I'm new to the forums and haven't been around long.

My thoughts are, it would be incredibly handy if the shipping bin were changed so that it became an item that we could craft ourselves and place in any outside location on the map, not just within our farm. It would be awesome for those of us who love to go on all-day fishing trips to be able to empty our inventories when they're full of fish into a shipping bin right at the Mountain Lake or the Forest River or the Ocean, instead of having to trek back to our farm to toss 'em there.

Perhaps maybe we would only be allowed to craft one or two additional shipping bins, but we would be able to pick them up and carry them when needed? I don't know; I just thought it might be helpful. I know I'd love it! :wink:
You can buy shipping crates from Robin for... 250g and some wood, I think. Don't quote me. You can't place them outside your farm but you can place chests, as long as they don't get placed in an NPC's route. They'll be destroyed if an NPC walks through them. I have lots of chests tucked away here and there, mostly to hold new fishing tackle. You would still have to empty them and take the fish either home or to Willy's when he's open. You get the same price either way.

Oceannist

Farmhand
I like this suggestion a lot. It actually kind of reminds me of the basket in Harvest Moon, where you could store like 30 items (that you couldn't get back once you put them in) and then you dump all the stuff in the shipping bin.

Maybe there could be an item like that in the game, that lets you add 50-100 items that you can't recover too? Instead of it being a craftable shipping bin, to make it different from the building, and also keep some of the difficulty of having to go back to the farm to dump everything.

Thia would be nice! What I typically do is store chests in various areas I normally frequent. For example, I will place on on the small island at the mountain lake. Another on the pier at the beach, ideally where npcs dont go. Etc.