Mod Recommendations!

shelbygrimes

Greenhorn
Hey everyone! I know that many people are curious about trying out different mods for Stardew Valley and don't really know what mods are recommended by members of the community! I wanted to provide a place for people to voice their opinions on which mods they prefer for the differing in game content!

Last edited by a moderator:

wickedsodaa_

Greenhorn
Hey everyone! I know that many people are curious about trying out different mods for Stardew Valley and don't really know what mods are recommended by members of the community! I wanted to provide a place for people to voice their opinions on which mods they prefer for the differing in game content!
i wonder if mobile version can use mods too?

Last edited by a moderator:

Maple

Cowpoke
Here are my personal recommendations:

Quality of life mods
  • UI Info Suite
  • Carry Chest
  • Convenient Chest
  • Remote Fridge Storage
  • Lookup Anything
  • Tractor
  • ShopDrive Thru
  • Bigger Backpack
  • CasksEverywhere
  • Fast Animation
  • Wear More Rings
  • Movement Speed
  • Industrialisation
Aesthetic Mods
  • Oasis Greenhouse
  • Bigger Shed
  • [CP] Burnt Sienna Wood and Gold Craftables
    ....and other recolors/reshades

Thrawn

Farmhand
My favourite mods: (I use a lot, don't judge me)

Quality of Life/Enhancements:
  • Animal Patting- Every morning, your spouse will pet the animals for you! Usually great when your farm has gotten big enough that you have too much to do!
  • Automate -put stuff in a chest, and a craftable beside it (furnace, cheese press, etc) and it pulls the material out, processes it, puts the finished product in the chest)
  • Automatic Gates - gates open automatically when you approach them; a godsend on mobile because gates are finnicky on mobile.
  • Better Ranching- shows which animals need to be patted, shows when they can be milked/sheared, and reduces chances of failing when milking/shearing
  • Chests Anywhere - lets you open your chests anywhere for storage. Also lets you name chests so you know what's what!
  • CJB Cheats Menu - This one lets you godmode, basically. Warp locations, bypass the fishing game, set run speed, weather, etc. Recommend this after you've played a while without!
  • CJB Item Spawner - another godmode/cheat mod that lets you browse all items and add them to your inventory.
  • Deluxe Auto-Grabber - changes the Autograbber to collect wool and milk as well as eggs! Combine this with Chests Anywhere, and you never have to go in the barns/coops again!
  • NPC Map Locations- Can't find someone? Open the map and see where that villager is hiding!
  • Simple Crop Label- right click your crops and see what that sprout actually is!
  • Pregnancy Role- People of all genders may or may not be able to become pregnant. This mod gives Stardew Valley farmers and NPCs the full range of possibilities. (I'm a trans dude who wants to have kids one day, so this really means a lot to me)

Core/Tool Mods:
  • Content Patcher - This is a must have if you want aesthetic mods- most of them require Content Patcher to work.
  • PyTK - a toolkit for SMAPI mods
  • TMXL Map Toolkit - if you want custom maps/custom NPCs that come with their own room/house, you'll need this!
  • Stardew Hack - Bigger Backpack, mentioned above, as well as other mods, need this to work!
  • More Grass - edits/adds grass, and allows it to grow during winter if you so wish, as well as allows you to add your own grass designs!
  • Custom Walls and Floors- allows packs to be made of new wallpapers and floors so you can add as many as you wish! It's a bit buggy atm, though.
  • Reset Terrain Features- Needed by Stardew Valley Reimagined, but useful by itself to fix broken shrubs/trees, etc.

Aesthetic Mods: (A lot of these tone DOWN the original colours of SDV- I have chronic migraines so these help me enjoy longer hours of play!)
  • Medieval Buildings- Honestly, I cannot play vanilla anymore after having these, the buildings are SO LOVELY on your farm!
  • Country Furniture - dark/rustic themed furniture
  • Industrial Furniture - rustic furniture (requires Country Furniture!)
  • Rustic Walls and Floors - what it says on the tin. You can download the Content Patcher version to REPLACE the vanilla ones, or use CWF to add them.
  • Wildflower Grass Field- this changes the grass to have a large variety of flowers according to season- even lovely red berries during winter! Requires More Grass.
  • Stardew Foliage Redone- love love love this one. It's a recolour/retexture of the world map and the foliage. Looks BEAUTIFUL with Wildflower Grass and Medieval Buildings!
  • A Toned Down Stardew Valley- tones down interiors and changes the colour of the building frames. Great with matching Vintage Interface!
  • Vintage Interface- a vintage colour themed interface. Or, if you like other colours, there's Garden Variety, and Dark and Stormy! (I'm about to switch to Dark/Stormy myself, it's easier on the eyes)
  • Stardew Valley Reimagined- Some folks prefer Stardew Valley Expanded, but I haven't personally tried it yet(It has a LOT of mod requirements!) This just adds a few things into the game that expand the town, add a few extra areas, etc. The description says it requires Winter Grass- but if you're using More Grass, you can skip it, as More Grass does what Winter Grass does!
  • Diverse Stardew Valley with Seasonal Villager Outfits- LOVE LOVE LOVE this mod. Basically lets you change the appearance of the villagers to be more racially/ethnically diverse, with new outfits that vary by season!
  • Yet Another Dog Mod- this one adds adorable dog breeds! Pomeranian, cocker spaniel, borzoi (♥) and more, each with their own colour variations!
  • Elle's Barn Animals- Has updated sprites for your livestock, even lets you change them to different animals!
  • A Weird Cat- This replaces one of your cat models with a opossum. They're one of my favourite critters so naturally, I endorse this.
Bonus: NPC
  • John- John is an older man with an interesting background, and a story that is worth playing out, even if you don't romance him. He's very well written! (He's also why I haven't installed SDVE, because I don't want to lose him if he becomes incompatible with it!)