Midnight Game Suggestions w/ Coffee

Maple

Tiller
Midnight Game Suggestions with Coffee

Stardew Valley has always been close to my heart and it makes it so perfect to play during rainy days with coffee.

So it's nearly 11:30pm here, it's probably gonna take me half an hour correcting spellings lol hahaha. Here's a list of what crossed my mind:

1. [On PC] Being able to connect with your closest friends. This means to suggest if we can have them as our neighbors which we can visit given both parties are online and must be on Steam. I have no idea on how this will happen on mobile (but its possible) because multiplayer feature is yet to come.
2. Cross-platform. *sips coffee*. Yes, this is very fun to think of but really challenging on the developer's part.
3. More backstory/story. We all know the events triggered about Pelican Town but it's somehow lacking. If I were really to quit my job and start a new life at my grandpa's farm, I would have some flashbacks from time to time, maybe put some mysteries on my farm (maybe something hidden), more information about the Community Center (from how it looked like to present) and please bring some people in there like maybe Penny and her students so they can utilize the rooms in there. I'd really hate to go visit Community Center only to find that very few people visit it.
4. To be able to set my birthday (without having to use a mod) and "Mom" and "Dad" would come visit me because why not?
5. Do I really not have friends in the city where I used to work at? Lol, i really don't know about my character's past aside from the given events and moments.

Oh, look, it's 11:40 . Let me take another imaginary sip of coffee.

6. Instead of me giving a bouquet to my NPC crush, I wish they/he/she could initiate or make the first move AHAHAHA. That's really sweet tho :heart::heart::heart:.
7. Let Robin sell bulks of wood and not per piece.
8. Also, the mining area / mine is really left behind. I dont know how but I wish it didnt seem so obsolete to most NPCs.
9. Lastly, I've been really thinking of these for as long as I can remember. So, we all know that we'll be rich and successful farmers and Pierre (with Joja being abandoned) is the only merchandise who sells seeds and all that stuff, right? So I've been thinking, how about we build our own shop and sell too? Of course, we are going to spend the money needed to get the process done (from creating a proposal to mayor, preparing materials, carpenter's payroll until final touches) and be able to set prices or not. Prices can be set according to some factors such as quality and etc ... I haven't really given a thought if it's good to be on a competition with Pierre but why not? Abigail would defy me!

What do you think? I'd love to hear your responses. If you happen to find some grammatical and spelling errors, please pardon me.

All in all, these are my thoughts/suggestions. I dont intend to ruin the game or bring negative aura in any way, shape or form. I deeply give my most sincere gratitude to Eric Barone for this game. I'd also like to thank his recent partner for improving features on Multiplayer gameplay.

Last edited:

Odin

Staff member
3. More backstory/story. We all know the events triggered about Pelican Town but it's somehow lacking. If I were really to quit my job and start a new life at my grandpa's farm, I would have some flashbacks from time to time, maybe put some mysteries on my farm (maybe something hidden), more information about the Community Center (from how it looked like to present) and please bring some people in there like maybe Penny and her students so they can utilize the rooms in there. I'd really hate to go visit Community Center only to find that very few people visit it.
[...]
5. Do I really not have friends in the city where I used to work at? Lol, i really don't know about my character's past aside from the given events and moments.
This are both really great ideas, I can't believe I never thought about the farmer's life before moving to the Valley. I would be cool even if you just got a letter from a friend from time to time like you get one from your Mom. Although it's possible that this isn't included just to reinforce how soul draining your office job was, that you never got to make any connections with others until you arrived in Pelican Town.

7. Let Robin sell bulks of wood and not per piece.
You can buy in bulk to some extent, you can right click to buy 5 at a time and hold shift + right click to buy a bunch at once. See https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Controls#Tips for more of these :)

Maple

Tiller
This are both really great ideas, I can't believe I never thought about the farmer's life before moving to the Valley. I would be cool even if you just got a letter from a friend from time to time like you get one from your Mom. Although it's possible that this isn't included just to reinforce how soul draining your office job was, that you never got to make any connections with others until you arrived in Pelican Town.

You can buy in bulk to some extent, you can right click to buy 5 at a time and hold shift + right click to buy a bunch at once. See https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Controls#Tips for more of these :)
Yes true enough. I havent tried the trick about the hold **** + right click . I will be definitely trying it tho! :)

Maple

Tiller
I've thought it would cool if the farmer had a birthday and villagers would remember it if you had enough hearts with them, otherwise they wouldn't comment :P
Lol i also thought of having them visit my farm.