If you could add any features into Stardew Valley, what feature would you add (without this feature being a mod)?

SoloPlayer

Greenhorn
If I could add any features into this game, without these features having to be a mod, I'd like to see...
- Birthdays (Every NPC has a birthday but the player, and I wish we could set a birthday for ourselves without using a mod)
- Speed boots (I wish we could find rare boots that make us run a little faster)

I have a few other things in mind, but I'm more interested in hearing other people's thoughts. What are yours and why would you like to see these features?

JRocker09

Greenhorn
I like the idea of the speed boots! I would totally use them!

Features I would like added:
- Ability to visit Zuzu City with new eligible bachelors/bachelorettes and/or attend Zuzu City events
- Adding in rival heart scenes to progress NPC love-lines
- Giving dog/cat more purpose on the farm (ex: dig artifacts)
- Add a rideable boat on the beach pier (ex: transport to Zuzu City)

@ndy

Farmhand
One other feature I would like to see is the ability for your character to build a school for Jas and Vincent -- similar to how you can build Pam a house.
school for 2?
but well it could be nice to have some new characters
with children from around valley would come in too
and penny could get new job in sexy teacher outfit too >}

Beaker

Farmhand
I know I'm asking for WAY too much! But, I would like to see more heart events or just more cut scenes in general, even if no interaction is involved. I really did enjoy the events, It really shined on the characters personalities.

Another feature is more variety of dialogue, the same old text got stale after a while.

Oh and last but, not least. More festivals, I wouldn't mind one per week..

liquidcat

Staff member
Not sure if I should call it a "feature" but I would really like to see more npc dialogues. I feel like npcs talking about other npcs and more dialogue for the family of the npc you marry/people commenting more about your marriage would be great to see.

JRocker09

Greenhorn
school for 2?
but well it could be nice to have some new characters
with children from around valley would come in too
and penny could get new job in sexy teacher outfit too >}
I mean, your character can have 2 kids as well. Rather than just seeing your kids sitting at home, they can make it an option to "enroll" your children into daycare/school. If they added in the feature of other characters getting married and having children, maybe their kids can enroll at the school too. I think it would be a fun addition that could make the game seem like it's progressing in time.

JRocker09

Greenhorn
Also, with the new sewing feature, I think it would be nice to see a new skill like crafting. This could be leveled up with the sewing machine and maybe also introduce jewelry making (at Clint's) using the different jewels and ores to gift to NPCs.

SoloPlayer

Greenhorn
I know I'm asking for WAY too much! But, I would like to see more heart events or just more cut scenes in general, even if no interaction is involved. I really did enjoy the events, It really shined on the characters personalities.

Another feature is more variety of dialogue, the same old text got stale after a while.

Oh and last but, not least. More festivals, I wouldn't mind one per week..
I actually agree with you 100%. I think more dialogues and festivals would make things more interesting! As for the heart events, I actually think it'd be more interesting to see rival heart events, so NPCs can get eventually get married.

vespertines

Tiller
I'm thinking carpentry as a new skill would be cool, that way we can expand our houses to any layout we want like what MISSEE said earlier. I also wish there's a way to move the greenhouse around the farm.

Shezeu

Farmhand
I actually agree with you 100%. I think more dialogues and festivals would make things more interesting! As for the heart events, I actually think it'd be more interesting to see rival heart events, so NPCs can get eventually get married.
Definitely a few more festivals would be nice or "small scale events" like a snowball fight in winter or a cooking contest in summer. Can you imagine how hard it would be to out-bake Evelyn's cookies? And if it seems like there would be an overload of festivals maybe have some that swap out year to year like the movies do in the theater. Also maybe even a sort of "private" festival thing for the player(s), a festival of the Junimos. You go out into the secret woods and see one near the statue who's name I can't remember that hops away into a secret path and you can follow them. I don't know exactly what the festival would be about or whatnot but I think it would be super cute. I adore the Junimos and would love to see more of them.

Odin

Staff member
I mean, your character can have 2 kids as well. Rather than just seeing your kids sitting at home, they can make it an option to "enroll" your children into daycare/school. If they added in the feature of other characters getting married and having children, maybe their kids can enroll at the school too. I think it would be a fun addition that could make the game seem like it's progressing in time.
This would be cool and would allow for a new cutscene with Penny (although it might be weird if the farmer has married Penny)

Shart

Planter
1. Faster geodes opening. The animation is ridiculously slow. Took me like 30mins to open 500 geodes. It's just tedious.

2. Some kind of incentive to give gifts to npc with 10 hearts already. Personally i enjoy giving gifts to the villagers, but when they are already 10hearts there's no reason to give them anything more. Maybe a chance to get rare items for every gift given after 10 hearts would be nice?