How to access mod (SMAPI) to make game changes

FarmerCal

Newcomer
LOVE SV. But I always hated how you have to rush through it. I want to slow down and enjoy the quests. I want to lengthen the day to about two to three hours our time/real time. I downloaded SMAPI but that's where I'm stuck. SMAPI permits the MOD correct? So I'm having trouble finding the TIME mod, or if SMAPI is the time mod, how and where do I access the dashboard that will permit the change to the time? I'm very new to this idea of mods in gaming, but they appear to be very helpful!

Thank you!

P.S. SMAPI is already loaded and working. I just need to figure out where to go from there.

kdau

Tiller
There are several different mods you can use for this. Here are two:
  • CJB Cheats Menu is a popular and many-featured mod that, among other things, lets you pause time and change the time of day. You would have to manually do this each day to create the effect you want, but the other features are nice.
  • TimeSpeed is a more direct solution. You can preconfigure the speed at which time passes and/or change it live with shortcut keys. It can also freeze time live or at a designated time of day.

FarmerCal

Newcomer
@Udonkronus @kdau Thank you for pointing me in the correct direction. Got it all set up and I love it. One last thing though. https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/169?tab=description

Now, in the how to use: I don't know if I'm thinking backwards or what, but I used the "control . " to slow down the game play but it's only rapidly speeding it up. I've also exited and came back in and it's still going super fast unless I freeze time. So is it the "control ," that slows down time? To me, the instructions are messed up. Can anyone help? Thanks!

kdau

Tiller
Hmm. Reading through both the description and the mod's actual code, it looks like Control-Period should be correct for rapidly slowing down time. Your best bet would be to report this on the mod's Bugs tab on Nexus. Be sure to include a log by doing the following:
  1. Load a save where time is not currently weird (or create a new one just for this purpose).
  2. Try to slow down time by pressing Control-Period.
  3. Upload your SMAPI log to https://smapi.io/log (see instructions on that page).
  4. Include the URL from step 3 when you make the bug report on Nexus.

FarmerCal

Newcomer
Thanks @kdau I will do that. I'll also pay more close attention to it next time it happens. I've been using N in the meantime. I love this mod. It makes the gameplay more involved and I actually get to do things.