How did you find out about Stardew valley?

Peggy77

Sodbuster
I found it long before it was available because I used to watch my son playing a very similar game that I wanted to play too, but couldn't because I never got the hang of game controllers. I am a PC and now Android person.

Anyway, I typed 'Computer games similar to ... ' into a search and found ConcernedApe's site where he was posting images of this new game he was making that looked so promising to me that I bookmarked it. Every so often I would check in to see how it was progressing. I remember making a Steam account so I could vote on it so that, hopefully, Steam would pick it up.

That seems so long ago now, lol! I bought the PC version from Steam and the Android version from the Play Store. I now only play it on my tablet though.

How many hours? No idea, countless, lol!

Peggy77

Sodbuster
Co worker told me about it 3 years ago. Finally broke down and bought im 15 hrs in already lol if only i knew how to do co op
What device are you playing it on? I am only asking because there is no multiplayer on Mobile. There is on PC. I don't know about the other systems.

Killa_cam52

Greenhorn
I have on Nintendo switch. I dont know if there is cross play, but pretty sure they have for mobile, switch, ps4, and Xbox as well.

tommybob

Planter
I played a lot of Starbound from the initial early access phases. I think I must have heard about it relating to that. I think it was a friend who asked if i had heard about it and I instanlty bought it. Before the multiplayer I didn't play it too much. Since multiplayer came out, me and my partner play it pretty much everyday.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
Probably about once a year I REALLY want to play Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town again, but I was wondering if there were any similar games coming out and I heard of Stardew Valley that way. I kept loose tabs on it since it was close to release, and then a streamer I really liked started playing it. I distinctly remember how wowed I was by the graphics, like how the trees fell onto the ground, it looked so clean and fun. Instant buy after that. Thank god it was spring break for me when i got it because i... i did not sleep

I have 864 hours on steam, maybe about 80 on PS4 and i just started on switch

BDiddy

Greenhorn
I frequent a gaming message board on Gamefaqs and I kept seeing people talking about it. Id played and enjoyed farmville and Rune Factory so I thought I would get it on PS4. I've played around 200 hours on 2 farms and there are still things that I haven't built/found/crafted yet. It's one of my favorite games ever. I got my sister a copy for Switch and she loves it too and it's brought us closer together because we talk about it a lot.

Kittykat91

Greenhorn
I wanted a Nintendo swich so bad cause they had games like monster boy and the cursed kingdom, shovel knight, under tale, and I went to Google searched top swich games and stardew vally was one that popped out. I download it and have been obsessed with it.