Game suggestion, talisman of peace

SirenWings

Greenhorn
An item that prevents monsters from spawning in their usual areas, mines, skull cavern, secret forest, swamp. Sometimes someone just needs resources. Combat is cool and all, but when all you want is resources for crafting it can be a real nuisance to a player. And it can require a lot of food or other items which takes up space needed for said resources. And it gives players an option. It can be worn like clothing, on a ring, or an item you carry in your inventory. This can be a late game item either very expensive or requires a difficult quest or a found treasure in caverns or fishing.

There are so many other late game items that take common hassles out of other tasks. Junimos doing gardening, sprinklers, totems. Why not offer a luxury item to not have to always deal with annoying monsters?

An item that prevents monsters from spawning in their usual areas, mines, skull cavern, secret forest, swamp. Sometimes someone just needs resources. Combat is cool and all, but when all you want is resources for crafting it can be a real nuisance to a player. And it can require a lot of food or other items which takes up space needed for said resources. And it gives players an option. It can be worn like clothing, on a ring, or an item you carry in your inventory. This can be a late game item either very expensive or requires a difficult quest or a found treasure in caverns or fishing.

There are so many other late game items that take common hassles out of other tasks. Junimos doing gardening, sprinklers, totems. Why not offer a luxury item to not have to always deal with annoying monsters?
what that will be?

I find that there are very good alternatives to finding resources. For example, ores. You can use the pan to do panning in bodies of water where you will find ores and minerals. Its quite good. You cant choose the ore, as its rng. But still. And there are various other alternatives to this. But I like where the idea is going.

Jack gives this an iridium star :iristar:

CrimsonCat

Greenhorn
I think it'd be awesome if it came in a set - an equipment item that make the mines enemy-free, and one that makes every level spawn a bunch of monsters, for a similar reason (monster drops). If you equip both at the same time the effects cancel out (and if they're rings then obviously you miss out on other effects like the glow ring or burglar ring, since you can only wear 2 rings without mods). Not sure if I'd want them to work in the skull caverns, since the challenge is part of the whole point of that place.

Maybe you could get them as a reward from Gil, after doing enough Monster Eradication goals. That ensures you're not getting them before you "should" (since it takes a while to get some of those monsters) while also making sure that only the players who will use them will get them, and that players with existing save files can still get them. There's 11 monster eradication challenges, 3 of which are from the skull caverns... So maybe after around 7 or 8? I can't imagine it being any number under 5.