Expansion on the MC's backstory

Person090

Planter
It has always felt kind of weird to me that none of the MC's family ever comes to visit, who is the MC's dad? What happened to his/her grandmother? Even when you get married, the parents dont evem come. I would like some elaboration on the MC's parents and other family members, maybe explain why they dont visit, maybe have some more letters from the MC's mom or dad.

CrimsonCat

Greenhorn
I actually like it being vague, it leaves room for the player to make their own character. Maybe there could be an in-between, like one of the characters asking the farmer if they have siblings or not, and then the player can choose, and neither are "wrong". I do wish there were more letters from mom/dad, and right now you only get letters from the opposite-gender parent, with no late-game letters.

Odin

Staff member
I actually like it being vague, it leaves room for the player to make their own character. Maybe there could be an in-between, like one of the characters asking the farmer if they have siblings or not, and then the player can choose, and neither are "wrong". I do wish there were more letters from mom/dad, and right now you only get letters from the opposite-gender parent, with no late-game letters.
Letting the player fill in their character's backstory is a great idea!