Dark Shrine of Night Terrors

SaUcEeGam3r420

Greenhorn
I recently got a Strange Bun when I was mining, and I’m wondering if I should make the offering in the Witch’s Hut. Would you guys recommend I have monsters on my farm at night or not? Does it add anything to the gameplay? Or does it make it worse? Thank you !! <3

Boo1972

Farmer
Spoiler Alert
I have monsters and it has never made a difference. They’re at worst mildly annoying. I’m terrible at combat, but it’s all been easy monsters. I wanted an item for my house that was traded for monster drops, so I picked the wilderness farm. My monsters might be easier than the ones the witch summons but I doubt it. I will say that none of the drops have been rare. Just bat wings, fiber, slime- basic stuff. The strange bun offering to the witch will eliminate monsters on my farm. I bet you can go back and forth between monsters and no monsters. Hope this rambling response helps.

Grimzy

Planter
I agree with Boo1972.
Monsters just get in the way mostly. Especially if you farm at night or are clearing out the farm at night. It doesn't hurt to give it a try though (: Who knows maybe you will enjoy the challenge.

Anhaga

Rancher
The monsters are a mild inconvenience and scale to your combat level. I will note, though, that I got a Prismatic Shard off a wilderness golem at one point, so they can be useful if you don't mind having to walk the farm at night with your sword equipped!

SaUcEeGam3r420

Greenhorn
Spoiler Alert
I have monsters and it has never made a difference. They’re at worst mildly annoying. I’m terrible at combat, but it’s all been easy monsters. I wanted an item for my house that was traded for monster drops, so I picked the wilderness farm. My monsters might be easier than the ones the witch summons but I doubt it. I will say that none of the drops have been rare. Just bat wings, fiber, slime- basic stuff. The strange bun offering to the witch will eliminate monsters on my farm. I bet you can go back and forth between monsters and no monsters. Hope this rambling response helps.
Spoiler Alert
your rambling did help haha. thank you!!

SaUcEeGam3r420

Greenhorn
The monsters are a mild inconvenience and scale to your combat level. I will note, though, that I got a Prismatic Shard off a wilderness golem at one point, so they can be useful if you don't mind having to walk the farm at night with your sword equipped!
prismatic shards are always a plus so maybe i’ll do it !

Widget

Sodbuster
I have a Wilderness Farm and the monsters are a mild inconvenience, but! I'm a Level 10 in combat, and roughly every couple of nights I get a serpent from the Skull Cavern come flying through. The galaxy sword takes care of them, but I want them because when you kill 250 serpents you get a napalm ring and I soooo want that ring. It's an easy, although slow, way to collect serpents without having to go to the Skull Caverns.

Firehoshi

Sodbuster
I have a Wilderness Farm and the monsters are a mild inconvenience, but! I'm a Level 10 in combat, and roughly every couple of nights I get a serpent from the Skull Cavern come flying through. The galaxy sword takes care of them, but I want them because when you kill 250 serpents you get a napalm ring and I soooo want that ring. It's an easy, although slow, way to collect serpents without having to go to the Skull Caverns.
i want that ring also lol

Uzzlegorf

Farmer
WARNING!!!
Do not use the napalm ring when fighting monsters in your farm, or you'll destroy half of the farm in the process!

Boo1972

Farmer
Wait.. what? Did i miss something? :) Pls, tell me more :)
One of the books is a pretty straight forward code and gives directions on what to do with 3 objects- one of which is a strange bun.

I did, however, completely misinterpret the book the first time I read it. Thought it was about visiting another town.:whistle:

Uzzlegorf

Farmer
Not that hard, it was really early in the morning so I just restarted the day.
(I was raising slimes outside, I never tried the monster shrine thing...)

Debbie J

Newcomer
I recently got a Strange Bun when I was mining, and I’m wondering if I should make the offering in the Witch’s Hut. Would you guys recommend I have monsters on my farm at night or not? Does it add anything to the gameplay? Or does it make it worse? Thank you !! <3
I think I ate that bun when I was in the mines!

Lew Zealand

Helper
IIRC in v1.4 you can craft some fun clothing with the Strange Bun (actually this applies to almost everything rare). And you can use it somewhere on the map to get something special but frankly I've forgotten what that might be.