Solved Can you change your character name by editing the save file?

imnvs

Local Legend
I think the title is pretty self-explanatory. Besides a Yes/No, I wonder if it is more detailed than just editing the name of the save file, and how more detailed.

Wingheart

Sodbuster
You can change the farmer's name! You need to open both the SaveGameInfo and the [Farmer name]_[Numbers] files, find-replace all instances of the old name to the new name, save the files, and rename the FarmerName_Numbers file to use the new farmer name. Make a backup beforehand, unless you don't mind using the previous day's save (the files with _old at the end of their name) if something goes wrong.

junimobrat

Cowpoke
I think the title is pretty self-explanatory. Besides a Yes/No, I wonder if it is more detailed than just editing the name of the save file, and how more detailed.
Did it work? I was wondering of this myself. Maybe I'll try the aforementioned method, too.

imnvs

Local Legend
Did it work? I was wondering of this myself. Maybe I'll try the aforementioned method, too.
It absolutely did work.

Now, with 1.5, you can change your name without a save file edit, though. Once you are friends enough with the wizard you get access to shrine to change appearance and name if you would like.

junimobrat

Cowpoke
Now, with 1.5, you can change your name without a save file edit, though. Once you are friends enough with the wizard you get access to shrine to change appearance and name if you would like.
Oh, sweet! Unfortunately I'm playing the SDV for android, so I'll have to change my name using the save file trick. :happy: