Xbox [BUG] Recovering character that has cross-linked to the wrong Xbox profile?

IAmDotorg

Newcomer
I've seen a decent number of reports online from people who have seen this, but I haven't seen any indications anyone has figured out a fix for the problem.

The issue seems to be a problem in the game where you have multiple players on a multiplayer farm, each associated with a different Xbox profile. If those players, (call them profile/player A playing character A and profile/player B playing character B) both have profiles on the Xbox, and both are signed in at the same time, if player B joins the game when player A had started SDV initially, when the day saves, the character B is playing gets associated with player A on the host. So going forward player A can play character A or character B and player B can't play on the farm anymore.

The reverse scenario doesn't seem to be able to be triggered -- because A and B are both associated with A, if B starts the game, A and B both can't access the characters. So there's no way to load them and trigger the bug a second time to correct it.

We lost a 50ish-hour farm as a result, and that's been a substantial enough annoyance for none of the people we play with to have any interest in playing SDV anymore. We're really hoping there's a work-around someone has figured out so we can continue. (And yes, we could just simply start a new farm, but this is one of those "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" sort of things. No one wants to risk getting that far in again and having it corrupt again.)