iOS [BUG] Lost crafted items

Ruben Agricola

Greenhorn
Am I missing something or is this a bug? playing under iOS 14.2. I’ve had items I’ve crafted vanish - so far, 2 furnaces, and a campfire. Also, I’m halfway through year 1 winter and haven’t seen any holly. I think some gold disappeared also? Any clues?n

Ereo

Helper
Where was the stuff before it vanished?

Stuff placed outside the farm can be destroyed when a villager walks through it.

I'm not sure if weeds can destroy all crafted items or only pathways on your farm.

If you accidentally dislodged it with the hoe and then didn't pick it up, it will disappear.

Where did you look for holly? Do you go out foraging every day or do you only notice stuff when you pass it at random?

Ruben Agricola

Greenhorn
The items were placed next to the farmhouse. I don’t think any weeds spawned there. I’m pretty militant about weeds.

imnvs

Local Legend
I recently lost a scarecrow from a lightning strike, and I've lost beehives that way too.
This.

In my experience, though, these things aren't immediately destroyed... but you DO have to pick them up and re-place them or they will be lost, as Ereo said when talking about accidently hitting something with the hoe and not picking it up to be re-placed.

Do you have a good supply of lightning rods? I usually have 24 on each of my farms. I usually do 3 of what I call my "lightning rod arrays" which are 8 lightning rods surrounding a brazier for light. (Attached image is how I arranged these "arrays" on one of my farms.) I find that 24 keeps me from suffering any lightning strikes except very rarely.
74279107_12-3-2020_60828788.png

Last edited:

imnvs

Local Legend
Because I just got a like here, I though I'd add that on my well-developed farms I'm up to more like 40 total lightning rods in 5 arrays to ensure things aren't hit by lightning much.