Switch [BUG] Game freezes randomly in online multiplayer mode

Probro

Newcomer
The game will freeze randomly for around 7 seconds when in online multiplayer. It happens at every area. The game is downloaded to my SD card, and I only play with 1 friend. My farm is relatively simple and doesn’t have too much going on. This has been happening for around 7 months. It happens to both of us at different times. I am on the latest Nintendo switch version, and stardew valley is also up to date.

Odin

Staff member
It happens at every area.
Are you saying the game freezes when you move to a new area? Is it that there's a black screen for a long amount of time, or that your character is actually frozen after the new area loads?

Are you saying the game freezes when you move to a new area? Is it that there's a black screen for a long amount of time, or that your character is actually frozen after the new area loads?
For me it happens randomly whenever I’m playing in online multiplayer. My game will just freeze anywhere from 2 seconds to 10 seconds. No black screen and it occur upon a new area loading.

Raxcental

Greenhorn
I also have this issue. There's no noticeable pattern. It just happens. For 3-15 seconds the game will freeze. Then it will continue for a time like nothing happened before freezing again

Probro

Newcomer
No It doesn’t happen during loads. I mean My character and the game will just freeze at any area.

Raxcental

Greenhorn
This thread and similar keep getting buried when this issue makes the game almost unplayable. I really hope the devs are aware of this and plan on fixing it. Because the bug has made the game impossible to enjoy anymore.

Maple2786

Cowpoke
Agreed, there's a previous post with videos and screenshots as proof and we never got a response. An issue this big needs to be addressed, it's been going on for months

Odin

Staff member
This thread and similar keep getting buried when this issue makes the game almost unplayable. I really hope the devs are aware of this and plan on fixing it. Because the bug has made the game impossible to enjoy anymore.
Agreed, there's a previous post with videos and screenshots as proof and we never got a response. An issue this big needs to be addressed, it's been going on for months
Unfortunately while CA can respond to some threads, he can't respond to everything. And CA actually can't fix Switch issues, that's up to Sickhead Games. But it's good to keep in mind that just because a thread doesn't have a respond doesn't mean it hasn't been seen!

Anjo

Greenhorn
Nearly 2021 and im getting this looks like its been a thing for almost a year now...
really regretting purchasing this game for the 3rd and 4th time on the switch...