PC [BUG] Crash after sleep (_old also corrupted)

vegimeeple

Newcomer
Hi,

Unfortunately, my game crashes after I go to bed in Year 3, Spring 26th. This day ends with a witch visiting my coop (I already have a void chicken, in fact I have one in each color including blue). After the cutscene, the game crashes before it saves.

I've tried using my _old save and _old character, but it doesn't help. I go straight to bed 2 days in a row. The 25th is fine, but on the 26th again the which visits and the game crashes. I am not using any mods. Does anyone have any idea as to what I can still try to recover my save?

Crash log:

InnerException:
Stack Trace: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
at Netcode.NetDictionary`5.Add(TKey key, TField field) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Netcode\NetDictionary.cs:line 245
at StardewValley.Events.WitchEvent.makeChangesToLocation() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Events\WitchEvent.cs:line 185
at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3463
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 2913
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 152

Thanks!
Michael

Edit: selling my coop worked. Not ideal though. I've grown quite fond of my animal friends. Even selling them wasn't working as a solution.
Edit2: less drastic option worked: emptied out the coop of fences, tiles, machines, etc. I will try to identify what the culprit was. I suspect the grass I planted.
Edit3: it wasn't the grass. It was the wooden fences. Perhaps they started deteriorating inside the coop and it bugged the game?

Last edited:

Odin

Staff member
Edit: selling my coop worked. Not ideal though. I've grown quite fond of my animal friends. Even selling them wasn't working as a solution.
Edit2: less drastic option worked: emptied out the coop of fences, tiles, machines, etc. I will try to identify what the culprit was. I suspect the grass I planted.
Edit3: it wasn't the grass. It was the wooden fences. Perhaps they started deteriorating inside the coop and it bugged the game?
Were you able to resolve the issue then?