Author of the Secret Notes

Quillmagic

Farmer
I was wondering one day: So some of the Secret Notes we find are clearly written by a specific person, but who's writing everything else? Who's giving us information on the "older" bachelors (a.k.a. Harvey, Elliott, and Shane) and who keeps sending us treasure maps? Who knew about Lewis's golden statue before we did?

Chililover

Planter
Most of the secret notes are written by villagers example: a couple of the notes are villagers grocery lists, and Christmas shopping lists! And journal entrys! But what about the other ones? This is a good question!

Sigrah

Farmer
I was wondering one day: So some of the Secret Notes we find are clearly written by a specific person, but who's writing everything else? Who's giving us information on the "older" bachelors (a.k.a. Harvey, Elliott, and Shane) and who keeps sending us treasure maps? Who knew about Lewis's golden statue before we did?
My theory is that most of the non-villager notes come from Mr. Qi. The dude gets around. He lined the mines with treasure chests, he can reach level 100 of Skull Cavern with ease, he knows when you first enter skull cavern, and he’s full of surprises and has things you never heard of, like iridium snake milk, for instance. It would hardly be surprising that he also keeps tabs on other villagers and people in the community. He probably even knows the secret recipe for Joja Cola and what Morris *really* does in the produce section when Joja closes at night.

Last edited:

Ereo

Helper
I think the note about the older bachelor would be by a Bachelorette. Or maybe Pam is looking for a new man in her live?

The treasure ones I can imagine coming from Mr. Qi.

Haley.

I think your hunch about Mr.Qi is right, but some of them are definitely written by Linus, like the trash can one. But I also think the treasure maps (besides the one in the desert, that's Mr.Qi for sure) could be by Linus, since he's the one who goes to places like that (the wild, lol).

Sigrah

Farmer
my first impression of the older bachelorette note is haley, like she's daydreaming and just for fun, but preference-wise maybe it could be by leah, who definitely favors the older bachelors and might have more experience speaking to them considering her schedule
I don’t think Haley wrote the notes on older bachelors. Early on, she comes across as the type of girl still trying to adjust to life after high school. She’s still into malls and clothes, is much more into Alex (who is in a similar boat as her), and I don’t recall Haley ever using “big words” like Foppish. I also can’t see her even considering Shane, she’s too into image and appearances prior to falling for the player.

If I had to guess who did write it, my first choice would actually be Emily. She’s the type of person most likely to get to know Elliot, Harvey, and Shane given her job at the Saloon, and she’s mature enough to think about what she wants in a husband. Leah would be a close second, but I can’t see her considering Shane as dating material for herself. I also couldn’t see her thinking Elliot as being too melodramatic, simply because both are the artistic / creative types where melodrama often flourishes.

Just my $0.02