Alex REALLY wants kids. What should I do?

Kids or no kids and post why

• Yes

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rhiannon

Farmer
I have read these forums and the FB posts and it seems that having kids is split into two camps. So tell me what you really think. Yes or no and why you feel that way.

ParsnipBae

Greenhorn
I don't like kids and I don't want any, so there is no attraction for me to have them in a game. Also I don't like how they look haha

Chaya7

Planter
In this game kids are like pets (and even some of the spouses). Just nice to have, nice to look at - if you like kids or pets or spouses.

Nymdelia

Farmhand
I have read these forums and the FB posts and it seems that having kids is split into two camps. So tell me what you really think. Yes or no and why you feel that way.
Kids isn't THE issue bro ! I don't understand why you live with Alex WTF, he's not so kind when we arrived on Stardew Valley !!!
He's criticizing Sebastian for the way he looks, this guy is just superficial (as Haley), you marry him just because he's a little cute isn't you xD ?
I just want to understand please xD !

Journi

Planter
Kids isn't THE issue bro ! I don't understand why you live with Alex WTF, he's not so kind when we arrived on Stardew Valley !!!
He's criticizing Sebastian for the way he looks, this guy is just superficial (as Haley), you marry him just because he's a little cute isn't you xD ?
Woah calm down.
Its those get to know first and then realize hes sweet.
Its like Shane and people still like him, hes even more rude than Alex.
He has a sad backstory.

Rhiannon

Farmer
*laughs* First off, not offended but I'm not a bro. I'm a 11x grandma. :) Secondly, I felt sorry for Alex and he's turned out to be a good husband! He makes me food, does chores, encourages me to relax and take care of myself, encourages me to take time for myself when I need to. Also, I've only had one save game and never had any other husband. Alex seemed like a good match. Maybe another time, I'll choose someone else.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
I voted yes but I like the kids, they're very cute and you can put hats on them (and who doesn't love hats???)

Functionally they're similar to your dog or cat on the farm. You can just interact with them to show you love them once a day and sometimes they are wandering around in funny areas and make for good screenshots. But you don't have to have them, they're just there for your farming family immersion/experience. I will add I love extra dialogue your spouse gets when you have kids

I like to have kids within Stardew Valley because they are other family members other than your spouse and pet that are living in your farmhouse. I just wanted to make sure that the second upgrade to your farmhouse becomes useful.

Benhimself

Rancher
My reasoning for "yes" is:

A: It makes your spouse happy, as you mention in the title. ("Boy, a farm like this would be great to raise kids on, huh?" I didn't marry Alex for his subtlety, that's for sure.)
B: You get a Steam achievement for it on the PC! A surprisingly uncommon one, at that!
C: Having kids makes a room in your house with a crib and two kid-sized beds a lot less weird.
D: I admit I enjoy watching them zoom around the house in whatever hat I most recently decided to give them.
E: Your spouse will stop asking you if you want kids so you don't have to hit that prompt every couple of nights. It's literally less effort to have them!

I do legit hope 1.5 gives you some sort of alternative to the kids' room if you decide to go a child-free route, even if it's not one with more space to not give a mechanical advantage to the choice. But for me it was like... "I've got a few reasons to do so (mostly B I'll admit), and it costs me nothing, and my house isn't so cluttered that they will ever force me out of my way more than, like, two steps at most so sure, why not?"

Holliups

Greenhorn
Why not? Gives the children beds a use, and you can give them funny hats. I enjoy doing a full family of cowboys, or giving them all seasonal outfits matching that of me and my horse. They also Naruto run. And it adds new dialogue between you and your chosen spouse.

Peggy77

Sodbuster
I just think they are ugly and get in the way. And the way they like to stand in my room in the middle of the night staring at my bed creeps me out, lol!

I wish they had one more stage and grew to Jas and Vincent's age and were allowed to go to school and play/interact with them.

Since they can't, I don't want them. I do wish their bedroom started out empty and if the player wanted kids then they first would have to go to Robin's (or use the furniture table) and get a crib/beds