Hello, welcome to the Stardew Valley forums!
These rules apply to everything on-site, including names, avatars, profiles, topics, posts, and signatures. If you're unsure what you want to post is appropriate, feel free to ask a moderator or admin first. If you don't want to ask anyone, it's better to not post it.
The rules are not necessarily comprehensive and are subject to change.
If you have feedback or suggestions about the rules, please let us know in Forum Feedback!
- Be friendly and respectful to others; no harassment or trolling. Private disputes between individuals should be done off-site.
- Do not spam anywhere, including posting multiple of the same threads or posts. Keep your comments constructive and on-topic.
- Keep all content in the forums appropriate and PG-13 friendly.
- Do not beg for games or any other type of content. Please do not discuss piracy or link to pirated copies.
- Respect everyone’s privacy; don’t post screenshots of private conversations here without express permission of other individuals.
- Do not claim any content that isn’t yours. If you post content that is not yours, please link or reference back to the creator with a valid source.
- Do not post misleading or inappropriate thread titles. Make sure your topics are clear and appropriate for the forum you are posting in.
- No spoilers in thread titles. If you would like to discuss spoilers without using spoiler tags, be clear that the thread will contain spoilers in the title, such as: [SPOILER] Problem with late-game building
- No advertising. Do not make any threads or resources explicitly for monetary gain. More information below!
Examples of Inappropriate Content
- Harassment and any similar attempts against an individual or group of people
- NSFW of any kind; this includes explicit sexual content, nudity, realistic gore, gruesome sex jokes, underage sex jokes, or anything that sexualizes a character or person
- Offensive slurs regardless of context
- Offensive jokes/references against race/gender/sexuality
- Mental illness/disability/suicide jokes
- Content that discriminates people's beliefs/political opinions/anything similar
- Discussion of drugs, abuse, assault, politics, religion, and other heavy/controversial content
- Do not make any thread or post with advertising as the main intent, i.e. a thread notifying people you're streaming or a thread only for your commissions
- You can share your social links and preferred sites (including sites like Twitch and Patreon) in your signature and profile.
- You can include your social links and preferred sites in threads if it is relevant (such as linking to your commission info in your art thread).
- Share your content responsibly-- do not post your work in other people's threads without permission, i.e. if you post your art in someone else's dedicated art thread, or if you give/link off mod support in someone else's mod page.
In addition to the rules above, it's helpful to keep in mind how the forum functions and what you can do to make the experience pleasant for everybody!
- Small posts are okay, but please keep it on topic and substantial for the topic itself.
- Spoiler your large images, especially if you have several images in one post
- Keep your signatures short and accessible, i.e. no flashing gifs or very long paragraphs
- Your posts should be visible and readable. Try not to have a bright color as the bulk of your text.
- Don't necropost. Necroposting means posting in an inactive/abandoned thread, which brings it back to the front page. If you're interested in a topic but the only threads with that topic are old, you should make another thread!
- If people are setting up a thread, give them time to reserve posts!
Frequently Asked Questions
Who runs this place?
These are the official Stardew Valley forums, run by ConcernedApe LLC and community members.
Make yourself at home!
When there is an issue on the forums, where do I go/who do I talk to?
If you think someone is breaking the rules, please select the "Report" option below the offending post or topic. The staff will get to it as soon as they can! Alternatively, online staff members will appear on the sidebar on the right.
If you think something should be changed or improved upon on the forum itself, please feel free to make a topic or contribute to an existing topic in Forum Feedback.
When is the next update for Stardew Valley coming out?
To keep up with current goings-on for Stardew Valley, be sure to follow ConcernedApe's Twitter. You can also see posts in ConcernedApe's Dev Blog and our News and Announcements forum.