After 8 years in the valley I finally got my first large crop!

Hill Myna

Farmer
Yay! Giant Crops are so much fun.

I managed to get a Giant Melon with the 9 seeds that Gunther gave me on my current farm.

The funny thing is, if they're broken – with an Axe – you get 15-21 normal-quality Pumpkins/Melons/Caulis, and I grew them hoping for 5 Gold-star Melons for my bundle! Good thing I bought extra!

But they're worth more when un-broken, because they won't wilt upon seasons changing, meaning they can be permanent decoration on your farm.

Also, flashing the emotes, I see... :D

Last edited:

Isa730

Rancher
But they're worth more when un-broken, because they won't wilt upon seasons changing, meaning they can be permanent decoration on your farm.
I was looking through the Wiki to find out if they wilt and when I saw they didn't I knew INSTANTLY I'd have to make it a pretty focal point!! I'm figuring out how but I have a lot of decorating to do anyways. x)

Also, flashing the emotes, I see...
Also how can I help myself when they're so CUTE;; :bchicken:

FairyRing

Farmer
Yay! Giant Crops are so much fun.

I managed to get a Giant Melon with the 9 seeds that Gunther gave me on my current farm.

The funny thing is, if they're broken – with an Axe – you get 15-21 normal-quality Pumpkins/Melons/Caulis, and I grew them hoping for 5 Gold-star Melons for my bundle! Good thing I bought extra!

Also, flashing the emotes, I see...
Breaking them is very satisfying though, all those pumpkins for Abby popping out!

FairyRing

Farmer
yeah that's my play style!
Some people are brew masters, some people are g makers, some coop lords, barn dwellers, cave goers, stinky fishers, I am a spouse pleaser.

I have an Abby challenge I have imposed on myself currently it really has no practical applications at this point. Once Abby said to me "You're worth more to me than a chest full of quartz, now a chest full of amethyst, I'd have to think about that." So I am filling a chest with amethyst for her. 999 every slot. :hlevel: :abigail: :hlevel:

Some people are brew masters, some people are g makers, some coop lords, barn dwellers, cave goers, stinky fishers, I am a spouse pleaser.

I have an Abby challenge I have imposed on myself currently it really has on practical applications at this point. At one point Abby said to me "You're worth more to me than a chest full of quartz, now a chest full of amethyst, I'd have to think about." So I am filling a chest with amethyst for her. 999 every slot.
Lol, you're dedicated, aren't you? Btw, I'm one of those g makers. (Only 80 mil total earnings so far, and like 20 mil in saved wine lol)

Lew Zealand

Helper
…Once Abby said to me "You're worth more to me than a chest full of quartz, now a chest full of amethyst, I'd have to think about that." So I am filling a chest with amethyst for her. 999 every slot. :hlevel: :abigail: :hlevel:
Wow. That’s a cool motivation! I’ll not say I’m jealous necessarily as that’s a lot of…

Thing.

But it’s for Abby so…. I don’t suppose she likes, uh, Sap?

Yeah, didn’t think so. I fully support you in your very you endeavor for Abby. :abigail:

Hill Myna

Farmer
what "thing" would you want a chest full of if any? in SDV of course.
Magic Rock Candy. All the Buffs, all the time. One of the hardest items to get given that you can only get 1/week. That's harder to get than an Auto-Petter! Plus they sell for 5,000G each, not shabby.
g making has it's merits. I have been considering doing a ultra-mega-millions save. But I want to do more research into the best ways and the the ways my brain will have fun doing it.
It certainly does! I actually had a lot of fun on Sellout Farm.

But my biggest tip? Go Joja! It makes it a lot easier to focus on the money, mainly because you're not running around trying to find [insert random item] for the [insert bundle name].

Also, Standard and Four Corners Farms would be by far the best. The Beach Farm is an option, but it has some complications.

FairyRing

Farmer
But my biggest tip? Go Joja! It makes it a lot easier to focus on the money, mainly because you're not running around trying to find [insert random item] for the [insert bundle name].

Also, Standard and Four Corners Farms would be by far the best. The Beach Farm is an option, but it has some complications.
this is interesting that this is what it takes to focus on money. it's like it was planned that way or something. thanks for the tips!

Boo1972

Farmer
Magic Rock Candy.
Yeah, this. Also, star shards which are my favorite gem/mineral.

I disagree about the best money making farm, though. I think the standard and four-corner (overrated and too rectangular IMO) work really well for farmers who are already good at making money. If that’s not normally your thing, I recommend the beach farm. It forces you to think outside the box and be more creative. By far my most efficient and profitable farms were my beach farms. Poor farmer Willow’s beach farm was doing so well, I got bored and abandoned it. That should tell you something.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I couldn't come up with anything. Put another way, I don't want that much of a thing as it doesn't interest me. I'd rather have a little of everything. Though if I needed to choose, IMO Hill Myna got it right. Magic Rock Candy is something that would just be nice to have a functionally endless supply of. This I would still use sparingly because I'm weird and a full chest of the stuff would last for over 130 years in game if used twice a day.

OK now that I did the math, maybe I wouldn't use it sparingly. I'd just forget I had it.

Hill Myna

Farmer
I disagree about the best money making farm, though. I think the standard and four-corner (overrated and too rectangular IMO) work really well for farmers who are already good at making money. If that’s not normally your thing, I recommend the beach farm. It forces you to think outside the box and be more creative. By far my most efficient and profitable farms were my beach farms. Poor farmer Willow’s beach farm was doing so well, I got bored and abandoned it. That should tell you something.
Late response and all that, but thanks for replying!

I 100% agree that the Beach Farm is a better farm overall (it's actually my favourite!), that it makes you explore different aspects of the game, and that it certainly works for making money. Case in point: Bluetree Bay Farm, just started Year 5, 13.5M G in hand.

The reason I recommended the other two farms is because with those, you can feel truly industrial, you farmer, you with your Sprinkler Grid and Straight Lines. The Beach Farm forces you to take a more natural approach, which is why I love it so much.

...but it isn't the vibe I was going for when I purposefully went Joja.

Now that I look back, I think "by far the best" is too strong. The Beach Farm (or any other farm) is a legitimate (and arguably the best) option if you're going all-out on the cash. But the Standard & Four Corners Farms edge it out in terms of ease, but most importantly the industrial feeling that they provide.

Cuusardo

Farmer
Most of the things that come to mind are edible, unlike Abigail's rocks. Although I'd probably have to choose magic rock candy because 1. the bonuses and 2. oooh, piece of candy!