What is your favorite rings?

3emadp

Tiller
Like rings that you use the most

In my case I get the iridium band combined with the glowstone ring or whatever it was called
In the other finger I put slime ring and the burglar ring
I almost forgot their names, so
, sorry if I said one wrong
Anyway what about you guys?

imnvs

Local Legend
Early game I like when I get the full glow & magnet rings instead of the small ones. Later the iridium band. The burglar ring is my favorite from the monster awards. Once 1.5 hits mobile I'm looking forward to the luck & java rings! I will combine them into iridium burglar & lucky java :smile:
I've been unimpressed by the hot java ring, tbh. Lemme know if you experience something different.

Last edited:

3emadp

Tiller
Early game I like when I get the full glow & magnet rings instead of the small ones. Later the iridium band. The burglar ring is my favorite from the monster awards. Once 1.5 hits mobile I'm looking forward to the luck & java rings! I will combine them into iridium burglar & lucky java :smile:
Isn't Java is the coffee generator or something?

hexnessie

Farmer
I like Iridium Band (who doesn't) + Burglar Ring and Luck + Napalm Ring for when I'm out there to kill and explode things, or Luck + Crabshell for when I just want to ignore monsters completely and focus on mining / looking for treasure chests.

I plan on getting the Java Ring to wear from time to time in regular Mines, killing lots of grubs or dust sprites to get some extra coffee on my Beach Farm where sprinklers mostly don't work.

Hill Myna

Farmer
Pretty much the same as @hexnessie here :D

I just wanted to add that I swap my Napalm/Lucky Ring combo out for a Slime Charmer Ring when I'm in my Slime Hutch, and I take my Iridium Band/Burglar's Ring off when I'm experimenting with lighting.

Does any have a left-field combo that they really like? I'm going to try and mix it up on my next playthrough, which to me means try stuff I've never tried before.

P.S. Is anyone else wishing the Jukebox Ring was implemented?

Elenna101

Farmer
Pretty much the same as @hexnessie here :D

I just wanted to add that I swap my Napalm/Lucky Ring combo out for a Slime Charmer Ring when I'm in my Slime Hutch, and I take my Iridium Band/Burglar's Ring off when I'm experimenting with lighting.

Does any have a left-field combo that they really like? I'm going to try and mix it up on my next playthrough, which to me means try stuff I've never tried before.

P.S. Is anyone else wishing the Jukebox Ring was implemented?
Not sure how left-field this is but I don't think anyone's mentioned the savage ring in this thread yet? I really like it, you get it from killing 150 void spirits and it gives a 3-second +2 speed buff after killing a monster.

Boo1972

Farmer
Actually, I love to wear a vampire ring in the regular mines. It means my health isn’t even a concern. I don’t find it useful in Skull Caverns or the volcano dungeon.

I love my luck ring most of all; I need all the luck I can get. I really hate the napalm ring, especially after the infamous 10th dragon tooth incident.

3emadp

Tiller
Actually, I love to wear a vampire ring in the regular mines. It means my health isn’t even a concern. I don’t find it useful in Skull Caverns or the volcano dungeon.

I love my luck ring most of all; I need all the luck I can get. I really hate the napalm ring, especially after the infamous 10th dragon tooth incident.
What incident??

Savagerider

Tiller
Thanks, been thinking rings for my play today. I’m going for all the monsters I can in the mines until I even deal with SC. It’s my second play through, so it’s fun to go for the things I like. i Also unlocked ginger a while ago and haven’t been. Feel good, 1.7m, should go make friends and decorate…mid game is fun

Boo1972

Farmer
What incident??
Spoilers ahead

Farmer Wren was so close to perfection she could feel it. Sure, she had a few dishes to cook and some items to craft (seriously, keep 2 pieces of marble on hand- you’ll thank me). But the golden clock was shining to the west and ostriches were chirping to the south- her farm was almost complete. All she needed was the Island Obelisk. And for that, Wren had to find one more dragon’s tooth. Her stingray pond failed to produce one, so she gathered supplies and caught the boat to Ginger Island. Wren was so anxious to go exploring, she left her burglar/slime ring at home, leaving the napalm ring on her hand.

It was tough in the volcano. The tiger slimes were particularly angry and the magma sparks so plentiful the air glowed. Finally, on floor 6, she saw it. The 10th and final dragons tooth. Soon, she would be one step closer to perfection. All that stood between her and her prize was a quivering tiger slime. Wren raised her sword high and slashed down, killing her enemy. Which, thanks to the napalm ring, caused It to explode, destroying nearby rocks and the coveted dragons tooth. She almost threw the napalm ring away there and then.

Do not underestimate the napalm ring.

Cptldsilver

Planter
I take 6 rings with me into skull cavern.
1st set. Iridium band/glowstone combo x2. This combo allows you to magnetize almost anything on your screen. Set a bomb on one side of a room, run to the other, still get all the goodies without running back.
2nd set. Burglar ring/ hot java ring and savage ring/ napalm ring. The ultimate monster killing rings. You get double loot drops, coffee drops, a speed boost, and enemies explode. Could maybe swap out the savage ring/ napalm for crabshell or vampirism or iridium band. But if you can utilize the explosions and the speed boost it's very beneficial.
3rd set. Lucky ring/glowstone x2. Don't really need the glowstones but having some magnetism on these rings cuts down on the number of swaps you have to make. Use these whenever you go down a floor for the increased chance for a treasure room and increased ore (though the increased ore is pretty negligible).

The downsides to this setup is you spend half your time swapping your rings and it's pretty easy to accidentally trash a ring during a swap.

Cptldsilver

Planter
Not sure how left-field this is but I don't think anyone's mentioned the savage ring in this thread yet? I really like it, you get it from killing 150 void spirits and it gives a 3-second +2 speed buff after killing a monster.
Savage ring is strong but it's not very beginner friendly, sorta like the slingshot. 3 seconds isn't long and if you don't have very good control movement your probably going to waste it. If you get used to it though it's one of the strongest rings out there.

Same as Hexnessie for me, albeit with an Iridium + Crabshell replacing the Iridium + Burglar as well if I'm going to be ignoring enemies and just farming Iridium / Gold / taking care of a quest / whatever. Generally I find it's faster to ignore enemies than to kill them for a speed boost, but then again I found that in regular mines / skull cavern, and haven't adequately tested the merits of the Savage Ring in certain lava filled areas. I do really like the idea of double Iridium Band / Glowstones for bomb mining but also just general tree chopping since you're not killing enemies and don't need defense or luck anyway. Thanks for the ideas all!

Hill Myna I've never tried it but the Warrior Ring seems worth trying - at low levels, such as when using say the Neptune's Glaive, it's up to a 50% damage increase, which can't be that bad, right?

imnvs

Local Legend
I normally run around with an iridium/burglars and an iridium/napalm. I also have an iridium/slime charmer, iridium/vampire, and an iridium/glowstone. The iridium/glowstone was originally made because I didn't have the napalm, slime charmer or burglar rings yet.

Last edited: