Finally, Level 100

Lew Zealand

Helper
...in the Skull Cavern. My 4th try in the past few days as I was just getting too distracted by shiny things. It's a problem.

Luck slightly better than average, used about 40 Bombs, 37 staircases, got a few holes, including a 15 floor one late in the run which was great! Ate 8 gold star Cheeses, 3 Spicy Eels, and only about 4 Coffees as that's just too much for my addled brain to keep track of. Triple Shot Espresso for next time.

Looted a bit on the way but not much, had a few hours left so Bombed the snot out of floors 101-103 and ended up with:

75 Iridium Ore
41 Omni Geodes
7 Diamonds
3 Prismatic Shards
A few dozen of the other ores and some odds n ends. Also 434 Stone.

I forget what you tailor with a Prismatic Shard but I'm pretty sure:

1. It's super-awesome.
2. I will look smashing in it.

BTW, I dressed for the occasion:
Mr Qi.PNG

Johndeere756

Planter
That's great! The deepest I have gotten to is the 52nd floor before I run out of time. That was when I had to rely on the bus though. Now I can get a earlier start, so maybe time to try again. I don't know if I can ever make 100 though, congratulations!

imnvs

Local Legend
That's great! The deepest I have gotten to is the 52nd floor before I run out of time. That was when I had to rely on the bus though. Now I can get a earlier start, so maybe time to try again. I don't know if I can ever make 100 though, congratulations!
Okay, I have literally NEVER made it to 100 without stairs... like at least 50 stairs minimum.

I most commonly make it to 100 when I'm doing a late game quest that asks you to get to 100 again, and when I do this I most commonly won't get to the Skull Cavern until after 5pm and I bring along 100 stairs and just spam stairs until I hit a treasure level, grab treasure, and then start spamming stairs until I get another treasure level or 100. After I hit 100 I stop using stairs and just start hunting/mining 101 and deeper until I've ran out of time and have to head home.

How do you do this? As soon as you get crystalariums, you put jade in them. When you can build crystalariums, you build them and then put jade in them too. You save all that jade up, and you do absolutely nothing with your jade except buy stairs from the Desert Trader on Sundays. You save up hundreds of stairs... and then you just make the Skull Cavern your b**** whenever you feel like it.

Me? In my current beach farm (in the showcase, Amethyst's Purple farm) I recently built a shed that I'm filling with crystalariums producing jade so that every 1 day 16 hours I can get 133 jade that can be turned into stairs on any Sunday I remember to go out to the Calico Desert. It's basically infinite staircases, and I'll be so happy when I've completed that project.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, congrats!!! And I love your outfit, so fancy!
I was so excited the first time I got to floor 100, and it took me... AGES lmao, like, I've been playing since the beginning and I think the first time I ever got it was September last year

Lew Zealand

Helper
Basically I did what imnvs describes, I have only 8 Crystalariums and 6 are Jade and 2 are Quartz, para las Bombas. I meant to grab some Stone from Robin beforehand to make some more Stairs as I'm clearing 400,000g a week or so but when the Luck was finally at least positive for the first time in a week, I forgot and just went for it.

I'd been stockpiling Spicy Eel, Coffee, and Cheese, so it was really down to: Did I have enough Bombs + Stairs to make it? And could I keep the horse blinders on and not stop to pick up anything well, much!? Honestly, that's really the challenge for someone like me. It got close for the Bombs & Stairs but that 15 floor hole from 78-93 iced it as I had more than 10 Stairs left.

I will go back again to hit about level 70-80 and start carpet-bombing to satisfy my shiny-things greed but 3 Prismatics when not really trying proves the point made by someone else here, maybe imnvs, about Prismatics not really being that rare if you know where to go. Previous to this run, in over 400 hours over 6 or so saves, I've only gotten a total of 2.

Yeah, 6 major saves and >400 hours and finally Level 100, I'm right with you there, Magically Clueless.

And no Bus, Johndeere756, I just got the Desert Obelisk less than a week before and of course my lovey, the Return Sceptre, has been around since that early grind to 2M. I actually tried using the Bus about a week before and ran outta time. No Bus; Obelisk.

But the real amazing thing:

Haley did the chores (yeh, such as they are) both on the day, and the day after. Hey, sometimes things just work out!

Boo1972

Farmer
Next time I go to skull cavern I’m borrowing that outfit. Really cool!

I too am easily distracted by shiny things. Twice now o went to SC with hundreds of stairs. The plan was to to descend to floor 100 quickly then explore the lower levels. What did my farmer do? Ran around collecting iridium and smashing barrels. Didn’t even make it to floor 100 the first time.

Congratulations on making it to floor 100. Its pretty tough.

Rhiannon

Farmer
I'm almost 700 hours in and have yet to get past floor 2 of SC. I've been too scared to try. But I just hit winter, have the fast travel items needed and today, I start making my preparations (stairs and bombs, healing foods) and SOON, I will make my first attempt to reach the bottom. I will resist temptation to grab things while I'm running for my life and will instead see if I can get to the bottom. That quest has plagued me for literal game YEARS. Your post has given me the push I need to go for it!

imnvs

Local Legend
I'm almost 700 hours in and have yet to get past floor 2 of SC. I've been too scared to try. But I just hit winter, have the fast travel items needed and today, I start making my preparations (stairs and bombs, healing foods) and SOON, I will make my first attempt to reach the bottom. I will resist temptation to grab things while I'm running for my life and will instead see if I can get to the bottom. That quest has plagued me for literal game YEARS. Your post has given me the push I need to go for it!
Floor 2?!? You must be scared. Don't worry, while it's more difficult than the mines, it's not that bad. If you're still scared, though, you can always go the "cheap" way and use 99 staircases. If you just place, go, place, go... all the way down, you probably will never have a monster even get close to touching you to hurt you.

Johndeere756

Planter
I just made it to 102. Trust me, if I can do it you can. I used a lot of staircases though. Good luck.

Boo1972

Farmer
Please let us know when you conquer the Skull Cavern like a boss. I had to mentally and materially prepare for my first real descent too. I gotta say, the farther down you go, the more fun it is. Good luck!

LoveElliotsHair

Sodbuster
Congratulations! I love mining so much. I just started my 6th file and told myself I am going to focus on fishing (I hate it because it's so boring) and already found myself in the mines. Skull Cavern is my favorite and I could go there every day - guess I love wielding a weapon and slaying monsters! LOL

You can get the same result whether you use stairs or not...so make it easy on yourself.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Congratulations! I love mining so much. I just started my 6th file and told myself I am going to focus on fishing (I hate it because it's so boring) and already found myself in the mines. Skull Cavern is my favorite and I could go there every day - guess I love wielding a weapon and slaying monsters! LOL

You can get the same result whether you use stairs or not...so make it easy on yourself.
Have you ever caught every fish (or at least the majority of them)?

imnvs

Local Legend
Yes, caught all of them, but my daughter helped. I've gotten 100% completion three times on different farms.
You know, this dynamic reminded me of the dynamic my spouse and I have. See, she loves fishing... but she's never completed Master Angler on her own. I have more than once. On the other hand, I can't complete the "simon" puzzle on Ginger Island without her help.

Johndeere756

Planter
You know, this dynamic reminded me of the dynamic my spouse and I have. See, she loves fishing... but she's never completed Master Angler on her own. I have more than once. On the other hand, I can't complete the "simon" puzzle on Ginger Island without her help.
That makes me feel a little better, lol. I tried and tried to do the Simon says puzzle and failed everytime. I ask my son to help me and he did it on the 2nd attempt. I am really not that good at video games, but I am persistent.

Rhiannon

Farmer
Yes, caught all of them, but my daughter helped. I've gotten 100% completion three times on different farms.
I recently saw a youtube thing on Eric Barone about how he created SDV. And that led me to a tweet I think it was where he said that during Covid lock down, him and four friends played together and completed 100% of the content. And last night, I had a dream about something and all I woke up with was "100% of the content". I wish I had thought of that idea this previous year and talked a couple of friends into playing it with me. But I will journey on. Side note: I got side tracked with Ginger Island. I THINK it was because of a recipe that I wanted from there but now, it's just fun. My winter is half over and I still haven't gone to SC. My "excuse" is I only have 46 stairs. :whistle:

imnvs

Local Legend
Side note: I got side tracked with Ginger Island. I THINK it was because of a recipe that I wanted from there but now, it's just fun. My winter is half over and I still haven't gone to SC. My "excuse" is I only have 46 stairs. :whistle:
Meh, you're doing what you enjoy, what you were interested in. 😀

Lew Zealand

Helper
Side note: I got side tracked with Ginger Island. I THINK it was because of a recipe that I wanted from there but now, it's just fun. My winter is half over and I still haven't gone to SC. My "excuse" is I only have 46 stairs. :whistle:
You know what? The very reason I finally did Skull Cavern 100 was because of Ginger Island.

I like the Island... —ish but for some reason I'm just not wrapping my head around all of what needs to be done there. And the time taken to get there is quite annoying for an impatient person like me, so I'm just grinding for the Island Obelisk now. Ginger Island feels like not-Stardew Valley because of that limited accessibility and I think I'm using any other difference with the rest of the Valley as an excuse not to like it even more. Increased accessibility with the Obelisk should fix that. I hope!

But Skull Cavern? Bang down 100 'cases and it's Milk time! Remember to dress appropriately, sweeties!