My girlfriend is having an affair??

Lucian Light

Greenhorn
Hello guys, i was trying to marry Penny and i already did her event when she confessed to me, but later on i got another one, where Vincent tell that she and Sam were Making out (having ***??)) in a tree, so i wanted to know how true this is, the thing that makes it more suspicious is that Penny shut Vincent down, i know it sounds weird but i got attached very easily to non real characters, and this really hurts, what are your thoughts about this.
Edit: i know Eric aka ConcernedApe said that there's still a few dark secrets to discover,maybe this is one of them???

Last edited:
Reactions: con

Brighton Wyss

Sodbuster
I would suggest to break up with her and go marry best girl Abigail. Also can you please not use the word.. well um I can't say it but the inappropriate word in the parentheses. I know I'm sounding like some sort of mod right now but you should still follow the forums guidelines. Thx

Lucian Light

Greenhorn
I would suggest to break up with her and go marry best girl Abigail. Also can you please not use the word.. well um I can't say it but the inappropriate word in the parentheses. I know I'm sounding like some sort of mod right now but you should still follow the forums guidelines. Thx
I might do that thanks and sorry about that already edited

mkrmas

Farmhand
Hello guys, i was trying to marry Penny and i already did her event when she confessed to me, but later on i got another one, where Vincent tell that she and Sam were Making out (having ***??)) in a tree, so i wanted to know how true this is, the thing that makes it more suspicious is that Penny shut Vincent down, i know it sounds weird but i got attached very easily to non real characters, and this really hurts, what are your thoughts about this.
That is to say that it was before you arrived in town, when you arrive it is that in theory they stop seeing each other, there is nothing between Penny and Sam. Do not worry, Penny is not cheating on you

Lucian Light

Greenhorn
That is to say that it was before you arrived in town, when you arrive it is that in theory they stop seeing each other, there is nothing between Penny and Sam. Do not worry, Penny is not cheating on you
But according to Vincent this happens the night before this event, and why Penny didn't want the farmer to know about it?? Suspicious at least

Makco

Farmhand
Like Odin said, ConcernedApe himself denied anything other than climbing trees happened. To be fair to me it sounds like Sam overstepping his bounds, yes. :whistle:

Lucian Light

Greenhorn
Like Odin said, ConcernedApe himself denied anything other than climbing trees happened. To be fair to me it sounds like Sam overstepping his bounds, yes. :whistle:
I see everyone saying that ConcernedApe already said that this isn't something to be worried about, but nobody post a link to the source or anything lol, besides with all the thing with Abigail and who her real father is, i wouldn't be surprised if this was true too and here i tought Penny was the sweetest girl :cry::cry:

Odin

Staff member

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
when you create something, you can't control how people will take it, no matter how you mean it or what you personally feel. it isn't a case of "he shouldn't have done it if he didn't want to imply it", how could he see into the future to prevent that? so i think we should believe CA when he says he didn't mean to imply it. usually he leaves things up to interpretation (such as the abigail/wizard stuff) so you can come to your own conclusions, and it makes the world feel more personal! but i can see why he wanted to clear up the penny/sam and the tree misconception

i think if you still want to have those headcanons you should but you can at least be at peace knowing that was not the purpose/intent of the dialogue

tommybob

Planter
so i think we should believe CA when he says he didn't mean to imply it. usually he leaves things up to interpretation (such as the abigail/wizard stuff) so you can come to your own conclusions
I love this about stories in games. I have control not only in my farm but in the story in ways too. There's only so much story that is in Stardew and the rest you have to imagine and be creative about, which Stardew does best at it's core.

Lucian Light

Greenhorn
when you create something, you can't control how people will take it, no matter how you mean it or what you personally feel. it isn't a case of "he shouldn't have done it if he didn't want to imply it", how could he see into the future to prevent that? so i think we should believe CA when he says he didn't mean to imply it. usually he leaves things up to interpretation (such as the abigail/wizard stuff) so you can come to your own conclusions, and it makes the world feel more personal! but i can see why he wanted to clear up the penny/sam and the tree misconception

i think if you still want to have those headcanons you should but you can at least be at peace knowing that was not the purpose/intent of the dialogue
I've never said i didn't believe him, but the thing is he said that 4 years ago, now 4 years in the future the game has a lot more players, and i dont know about you guys but i get attached with these characters (im a bit weird i know lol) , that's why i like SV so much, and maybe another players can feel the same way i did for a moment, i play this game to feel joy, not betrayal,for that i have real life lol.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
I've never said i didn't believe him, but the thing is he said that 4 years ago, now 4 years in the future the game has a lot more players, and i dont know about you guys but i get attached with these characters (im a bit weird i know lol) , that's why i like SV so much, and maybe another players can feel the same way i did for a moment, i play this game to feel joy, not betrayal,for that i have real life lol.
I get attached to the characters too! The characters are my favorite part of the game and I love them a lot, so I understand and I don't really think it's weird at all. We may take things differently too and I understand that taking the dialogue as an affair is upsetting, but it's still good to know that wasn't the intention and really the game's canon is whatever you want it to be even so.

Makco

Farmhand
...and really the game's canon is whatever you want it to be even so.
That's... not how canon works.

And personally I'm glad that got cleared up too by that tweet, although I still agree that it would be preferable if the dialogue wasn't there, maybe even replace it with the
in which Vincent simply asks you if you're going to marry Penny