Writable Journal

Timknos

Greenhorn
Hello! First of all, I'm a great enjoyer of the game, and I'm really glad to have bought it. Unfortunately, I'm not having much time to do anything recently. I'm getting really busy with work and study, and I don't even have time to properly rest anymore, let alone play...But I do manage to play an hour or two at one day of the week. But the thing is, my mind gets so occupied with the other things of my life, and when I finally manage to play a little, I don't even remember what I was last doing in my playthrough.

Was I focusing on getting resources to craft more iridium sprinklers? Was I amassing wood and rocks to build something? Was I focusing on getting gold to buy something specific? How many crops I had to buy again? And which crops was I going to buy?- - I don't really remember. Of course, all I have to do is just take some minutes to remember what I was doing, and do it. But the problem is, if I had a specific "design" that I wanted to build in my farm, for example, there were lots of times that I just didn't remembered all the details... and stopping to remember takes time. Takes precisous time that I don't have. If I have 1 hour to play in the entire week, and I stop 5min to remember, thats already 8,3% of my time that was lost.

That's where my suggestion comes in: I think that could be easily fixed if it was possible to write on your journal. You could just write down what you were doing, or anything you want, really... (what if the player wanted to keep a diary? That would be immersive haha), and when you quit the game and come back, what you wrote would be there, of course. It could also have a pages system... and being able to draw too would be nice.

Well, I made a quick paint file to illustrate more what I'm saying:

stardew.PNG

I could always take notes on a physical paper, or on my cellphone, or on a .txt file of what I was doing, of course, but having this function in-game would be awesome.

Thanks in advance, and thanks for the great game!

Attachments

Last edited:

Odin

Staff member
That certainly would be handy! I personally keep a note on my phone for each farm that I'm actively playing on to help keep track of things, but there would be definite advantages to having something right in the game.

LRangerR

Local Legend
I do believe there's a mod for something similar to this, but i think it's more like a daily-journal and less a notebook.

FairyRing

Farmer
I wish all games on the Switch had a in game note taker like this, I think this is an excellent idea. There was a DS Zelda game that had in game notes where you could take notes on the map etc. it was so helpful.

LRangerR

Local Legend
To be fair, there are reasons why some gamers play games with a spiral notebook sitting right next to them.