What was your first legendary fish? (Spoilers?)

Miss Berry

Farmhand
(Spoilers, probably.)

So back in like my first ever play-through, I went into the sewers and fished in the green sludge. I caught the radioactive carp fish legendary!

It was so funny cause I had no idea legendary fish were even a thing. :laugh:

Does anyone else remember catching their first legendary fish? :fish:
That’s the exact same way my story went! I caught the mutant carp when I had no idea that legendaries were a thing. After that I went to the library because I remembered there being a book on fish (I never read any of the books in the library at that point 😂) Now I just caught my third legendary! I like to display them side by side in a small aquarium for each like trophies

Hill Myna

Farmer
I like to display them side by side in a small aquarium for each like trophies
Another great way to showcase them is to put them all together in an Aquatic Sanctuary, which can hold up to 6 fish! This even leaves one extra spot for a stationary "bottom creature" such as a Clam or a Cockle. Unfortunately, Sanctuaries are only accessible in lategame and are fairly expensive to purchase. 😢

Miss Berry

Farmhand
Another great way to showcase them is to put them all together in an Aquatic Sanctuary, which can hold up to 6 fish! This even leaves one extra spot for a stationary "bottom creature" such as a Clam or a Cockle. Unfortunately, Sanctuaries are only accessible in lategame and are fairly expensive to purchase. 😢
Lategame and expensive you say? CHALLENGE ACCEPTED :D I am so thrilled that there’s an aquarium that can house all five!!

nicodeux

Farmer
lava eel. in one of my saved games, i figured that the easiest way to get a legendary fish is to not fish at all until ive unlocked ginger island and the volcano.
As hard as it can be to fish, the lava eel is not one of the five legendary fishes. Congratulations on catching a lava eel, though! This is still a feat! :thumbsup:

Another great way to showcase them is to put them all together in an Aquatic Sanctuary, which can hold up to 6 fish! This even leaves one extra spot for a stationary "bottom creature" such as a Clam or a Cockle. Unfortunately, Sanctuaries are only accessible in lategame and are fairly expensive to purchase.
There are some items that I find not really useful or too expensive in the late game stock you are speaking of, but Aquatic Sanctuary is a must have for me.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
Made an attempt at the angler. It is crazy difficult, even with buffs. I hate this so much, it's making me put the game down. Requiring all fish to be caught for perfection is ruining it.

Made an attempt at the angler. It is crazy difficult, even with buffs. I hate this so much, it's making me put the game down. Requiring all fish to be caught for perfection is ruining it.
In my experience the angler is the easiest legendary fish to catch. :flushed: Do you use the iridium rod with a tackle?

nicodeux said:
There are some items that I find not really useful or too expensive in the late game stock you are speaking of, but Aquatic Sanctuary is a must have for me.
I once made an upgraded shed full of aquariums - the legendaries are those in the washing machines. :toothy:

Angela_aquarien1.jpg

Now I'm dreaming about building a twice upgraded cabin (with the help of my daughter visiting my farm) and making it into a fish theme park. :heart:🐠🐳🦈

Cuusardo

Farmer
Crimsonfish was my first legendary catch. I had no idea why it had a little hat on the fishing bar at first, and apparently I got lucky.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
In my experience the angler is the easiest legendary fish to catch. :flushed: Do you use the iridium rod with a tackle?
Iridium rod typically with the trap bobber, yes. I tried out the cork and the hook but prefer the trap. Although the way the angler was bouncing around, I should probably try with the lead bobber. I hooked it at least four times and always lost it basically immediately.

Eh. I started a new save and I'm back catching carp with the training rod. If I don't think about it, it doesn't bug me as much.

Farming

Sodbuster
(Spoilers, probably.)

So back in like my first ever play-through, I went into the sewers and fished in the green sludge. I caught the radioactive carp fish legendary!

It was so funny cause I had no idea legendary fish were even a thing. :laugh:

Does anyone else remember catching their first legendary fish? :fish:
I actually just caught my first legendary fish, summer year 2. It's the crimson one

Lew Zealand

Helper
Edit: My friend told me not to sell it, idk why but I trust him
Because you only get one of each Legendary Fish in each save. If you sell it, you'll never get another. When it comes to decorating your Farmhouse or Sheds you can get Fish Tanks to display your Fish, and you'll likely want to display the best or most difficult ones like the Legends. Sure most of the other Fish can go into Ponds and will produce things for you every day or so, but the only place you can put the Legends is in a Fish Tank or a storage Chest.

Save 'em for the Tanks.

Bawby

Planter
Mutant Carp was my first. At that point I was level 10 fishing, I gave Krobus a high-five, and strut right out of those sewers looking for a real challenge. Shortly after the Glacierfish lept out of the lake and slapped me straight back to my farm... After realizing how harsh the fishing world can be, I appreciate that toothy grin more and more. Mutant Carp just needed a friend, and I needed Mutant Carp...

Omg, my first legendary fish was the mutant carp.... But you wanna know what I did with it? Accidentally turned it into sashimi ( and gave it to Sebastian ahhh) and I just moved on with the game cause I thought, oops well I can just re-catch it. And then after I saved I found out I can't re-catch it.... rip mutant carp

Godkin

Planter
Of course, the Legend fish itself gives great satisfaction. This has motivated me to hunt for other milestones as well. (=_=)

DragonGwen

Farmer
In my experience the glacierfish is the hardest
Mutant Carp/Angler/Glacierfish/ Legend/ Crimsonfish

(Here is my shed but i don't know how new this is so it might be a bit behind)
Screenshot_20230805-120145.png

ISSsloth

Farmer
My first legendary fish was the angler, which I caught almost 2 years ago, and I only managed to catch another legendary a month ago.

My first was the Mutant Carp as well, but I caught all of them fairly easily; the Legend and the Glacierfish were tricky buggers and the only ones I failed to catch on first bite. I feel weird because I actually love how the fishing works in this game--I find it so relaxing! :proud: