What kind of storyline additions would you want to see for NPC's?

SoftViceMaster

Farmhand
I know this often gets discussed, but honestly I'd love for Shane to actually remain sober once you marry him. Or at least get an extended story after, to show how he betters his progress over time (like have a few scenes where it shows him slipping as is natural with addiction but then the whole community shows up to help him instead of just the player so he can keep on powering through it all). He may be the only character to have such a thing, but it'd be far more rewarding than just having him still get drunk and have his room be a mess 24/7.

SCLPTURES

Farmhand
sounds kinda cool if sebastian joined some kind of motorcycle tournament?? maybe it could be an event in zuzu city since we barely even see that place. i know it sounds pretty out of character but i don't really mind it, i'd love to see him get out of his comfort zone a little. setting my clear bias for seb aside, i think it would also be nice if alex participated in more competitive sports, i dunno, i just wanna see more characters succeed in things (^_^')

SoftViceMaster

Farmhand
sounds kinda cool if sebastian joined some kind of motorcycle tournament?? maybe it could be an event in zuzu city since we barely even see that place. i know it sounds pretty out of character but i don't really mind it, i'd love to see him get out of his comfort zone a little. setting my clear bias for seb aside, i think it would also be nice if alex participated in more competitive sports, i dunno, i just wanna see more characters succeed in things (^_^')
Yeah, that'd be cool to see. Just expand the world more, I wanna see more of the city and such beyond the valley. So doing events outside of the valley would be amazing, like doing a carnival or bake sale that includes the residents (or maybe even if you reach a certain level of hearts with some they'll just take you along?). Having Sebastian be included in a Motorcycle race/event in the city definitely sounds like a later thing for him, when you get to know him better and get his hearts up.

And YES, Alex should be included in the more 'sporty' stuff. He's not included in enough, it'd be cool to see him go to the city for a running competition or to go on a 'date' to see a football game in a big stadium.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I know this often gets discussed, but honestly I'd love for Shane to actually remain sober once you marry him. Or at least get an extended story after, to show how he betters his progress over time (like have a few scenes where it shows him slipping as is natural with addiction but then the whole community shows up to help him instead of just the player so he can keep on powering through it all). He may be the only character to have such a thing, but it'd be far more rewarding than just having him still get drunk and have his room be a mess 24/7.
Honestly he does stay sober and it’s largely hearsay that he doesn’t, he only starts developing more drunken type demeanour and speech at low hearts when married, if he stays at regular hearts he mentions him drinking non alcoholic beverages, joking about it, etc. and people take some stuff way out of context.

SoftViceMaster

Farmhand
Honestly he does stay sober and it’s largely hearsay that he doesn’t, he only starts developing more drunken type demeanour and speech at low hearts when married, if he stays at regular hearts he mentions him drinking non alcoholic beverages, joking about it, etc. and people take some stuff way out of context.
Oh, really? So it's the low hearts that causes him to backpedal a bit (at least I assume so). That makes sense, but I still think it'd be cool to see an 'extended' story for him if the player chooses to keep up the hearts or not with him. He does have one of the most tragic stories (alongside Penny), I just want him to be given a bit more love than what he's been given because he is one of my favorite bachelors.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Oh, really? So it's the low hearts that causes him to backpedal a bit (at least I assume so). That makes sense, but I still think it'd be cool to see an 'extended' story for him if the player chooses to keep up the hearts or not with him. He does have one of the most tragic stories (alongside Penny), I just want him to be given a bit more love than what he's been given because he is one of my favorite bachelors.
Fair enough, the fact that he wasn’t originally a candidate and that he hasn’t really been touched since that change makes the transition feel a little rough around the edges I agree.

I'd like to see more development from Penny. All the other 'singles' seem to have a lot more depth to them or certain personality traits make sense as you learn about their background while you go from zero to eight hearts, but she seems to stay the same.

I'd also ike to see some interaction between Maru and Sebastian. As it is, you can tell they care about each other as their stories develop, but it doesn't seem like the characters know that. A little cutscene with him leaving her a diamond he found in the mines and her realizing that he's done that before but she assumed it was somone else would be nice. Or maybe when the farmer gifts her cheese cauliflower for the first time after he tells them she likes it and it would make a nice gift, she has a dialoge where she asks how they knew and then a follow-up one where she's happily surprised to learn he told them that.

VampireCake

Rancher
Honestly I'd really like to see Lewis and Marnie be together openly. Lewis is worried it'll affect his position as Mayor - and I think he genuinely does care about doing a good job and takes it seriously, but I think everyone already knows about them at this point, and he says nobody ever runs against him in the elections. You're allowed to have a personal life too, dude.

SCLPTURES

Farmhand
Honestly I'd really like to see Lewis and Marnie be together openly. Lewis is worried it'll affect his position as Mayor - and I think he genuinely does care about doing a good job and takes it seriously, but I think everyone already knows about them at this point, and he says nobody ever runs against him in the elections. You're allowed to have a personal life too, dude.
yeah, i genuinely don't think it would affect his position if everyone already likes him

SoftViceMaster

Farmhand
Ugh, YES. I 100% agree with this.

It reminds me so much of the one episodes from Little House on the Prairie, the one where the priest fell in love with a lady and he was harassed by Harriet (the shop lady) for it. In the end, the priest and the lady get together because everyone in the town supported it and (shocker) Harriet had a similar past where she tried to marry a priest but he decided to follow his faith instead. And this love story between Marnie and Lewis reminds me so much of that, I mean they're both adults and EVERYONE knows about their relationship at this point. (unless they like the rush of going behind the bushes and being all 'secretive' which is fair I'm not gonna berate them for having a bit of excitement in their love life)

SoftViceMaster

Farmhand
I'd like to see more development from Penny. All the other 'singles' seem to have a lot more depth to them or certain personality traits make sense as you learn about their background while you go from zero to eight hearts, but she seems to stay the same.
I agree, it feels like Penny is missing a few steps in her story and every other character grows while she really doesn't. And she's the only female bachelorette I have some interest in, maybe it's the 'I can fix them' aspect but I really want her to be better especially after marriage.

SoftViceMaster

Farmhand
Fair enough, the fact that he wasn’t originally a candidate and that he hasn’t really been touched since that change makes the transition feel a little rough around the edges I agree.
I totally forgot that was a thing, I've only been playing since the beginning of 1.5 so any past lore on the characters is largely unknown to me.

Also I found out he looked like this:

I'll just say this - Aqua Teen Hunger Force :whistle:

zMerry

Farmhand
I'd like a little more for Gus tbh, he's one of my favourites.

I feel like his character would really fit a counsellor type role, maybe trying to help Pam with her problems or giving Emily some friendly advice.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I totally forgot that was a thing, I've only been playing since the beginning of 1.5 so any past lore on the characters is largely unknown to me.

The original art doesn’t do him all that amazing, definitely on the bad lighting

boyliker

Sodbuster
Penny's development makes me soooo sad. I love Penny, but there's not much there for her character. I'd love to see more interactions between her and Vincent & Jas' guardians, interactions with the library or the farmer discovering artifacts or adding books to the library, literally anything added to her character after marriage other than "i decorated the room for you!" (which is cute, but still). None of the other townsfolk, especially Vincent and Jas' families, really mention or appreciate Penny that much. JUSTICE FOR MY WIFE!!! She's definitely the least fleshed out marriage candidate.

Bawby

Planter
I'd like a little more for Gus tbh, he's one of my favourites.

I feel like his character would really fit a counsellor type role, maybe trying to help Pam with her problems or giving Emily some friendly advice.
Though a bit of a clich (the "listen to problems" bartender), I can see that.
@Maher said in another thread
When are we going to get a Leo meets Emily's Parrot cut-scene?
that I completely agree with.
I would like to know a little more about Linus. He learned to build igloos in the the tundra! I bet he has cool stories. A cutscene where you catch Sam and Abigail- I mean- some kids with unknown identities messing with his tent would be nice.

SCLPTURES

Farmhand

his 2nd portrait doesn't look all that bad (in my opinion). i would've loved to see him with a longer hairstyle, although i think that's just my preference for men with long hair lmao

SoftViceMaster

Farmhand
his 2nd portrait doesn't look all that bad (in my opinion). i would've loved to see him with a longer hairstyle, although i think that's just my preference for men with long hair lmao
Yeah the second is not too bad. But I do prefer his current one the best, the 'pathetic' look really does it for me.

You run for mayor against lewis, take over, he retires to be a farmer with Marnie and the finally marry, and as mayor you expand Pelican town to the west, adding an area where you can build houses for the bachelors you don't marry so they can move there and have their own kids, and a school where all kids go together.

The area could also have tourist houses that can become permanent residents and open shops based on the things you have shipped the most. Sell tons of fish, a tourist moves in and becomes a fishmonger, selling fish, roe, fish preserves, and smoked fish.