What is your favorite thing to do in Stardew valley?

Rhiannon

Farmer
@tommybob That layout is wonderful. I've only had one save and while it's "late game" in that I just topped over $1 million after buying everything except the EXPENSIVE ITEM NOT TO BE NAMED and am in year 5, my layout is functional but not pretty. It is my goal to have a functioning farm that I can manage by myself and still make money. I love it that your farm looks amazing AND Is making lots of money.

Questions:
  • I don't see any tree tappers. Do you not collect/use resin and such? I do see you have a ton of trees all nicely organized.
  • The areas you have your farm animals don't seem to have any grass. Do you feed them hay only? I see you have five silos so do you just buy hay and fill them with it?
  • Do the hut people (can't remember the name right now) harvest all of that area they sit in? I somehow got it in my mind that the area they would harvest was really small.
  • What is that building to the left of the greenhouse?
  • What farm layout is this? When I did my one and only farm, I chose the one that had rivers all over it as I had expected fishing to be my main thing. It's not and I have SO much less land to do what I want to do. Yours has two small ponds which is all I would need for what I'm doing.
  • What is the building to the left of your trash bin?
  • What are the two buildings below the above building?
  • On the row of trees along the middle, what are the blue blocks on the sidewalk?
Thanks in advance for your help!

tommybob

Planter
@Rhiannon
  • I don't see any tree tappers. Do you not collect/use resin and such? I do see you have a ton of trees all nicely organized.
    • The rows in the bottom left do have tappers on, not sure why they dont show in this screenshot but they are there!
  • The areas you have your farm animals don't seem to have any grass. Do you feed them hay only? I see you have five silos so do you just buy hay and fill them with it?
    • Hay is inexpensive, easier to fill up the silos then rely on grass.
  • Do the hut people (can't remember the name right now) harvest all of that area they sit in? I somehow got it in my mind that the area they would harvest was really small.
    • They cover the entire areas yeah, if you get the mod UI Info Suite, when putting the Junimo Huts doesn it will show the area they cover
  • What is that building to the left of the greenhouse?
    • Left of the greenhouse is a slime hutch, Elle's Seasonal Buildings turns it into a different style as I really don't like the purple castle building
  • What farm layout is this? When I did my one and only farm, I chose the one that had rivers all over it as I had expected fishing to be my main thing. It's not and I have SO much less land to do what I want to do. Yours has two small ponds which is all I would need for what I'm doing.
    • This is the standard farm layout, I started on the fishing one and quickly deleted that, not enough space for my liking.
  • What is the building to the left of your trash bin?
    • The one in the top right? That's a player hut, this was a multiplayer save so that was my house.
  • What are the two buildings below the above building?
  • On the row of trees along the middle, what are the blue blocks on the sidewalk?
    • They are crystal tiles I think. My partner wanted them haha
Hope this helps! Let me know if you want anymore information

Rhiannon

Farmer
Perfect @tommybob! I have played SDV for 284 hours on one save and have started a new game just to try it out. I did find the standard farm and think it will work much better for me.

Should be a novice question but when I save, will it create a new save so on my load screen, I'll have two farms?

Chaya7

Planter
Fishing at the beach. Don't care what season, don't care what I catch. I just want to be at the beach. Sometimes I wish I could just stop the clock so I could just sit and relax and listen to the waves. Time should at least slow down there. Fishing goes by so fast in the game that it seems like combat. Instead I'd like to just dangle my rod and wait. Maybe not even catch anything at all.

Anodyne

Farmhand
Mining, especially in the skull caverns. Mining and fishing took all my time the first two years and I hardly talked to any of the villagers cuz of it lmao

LolitaRo

Cowpoke
When I first started, I hated fishing. I sucked at it - could not for the life of me figure it out. I started watching YouTube videos and suddenly it clicked and now during Year 4, all I do is fish.

Potatoes

Farmer
I mostly really like gardening, making lots of jelly and wine and honey. I love all my ducks and chickens too (that would be my real life if I could)