Weeds doing damage

**playing on Switch** Does anyone know anything about the “The growing weeds have done damage to your farm.” message? I got it a few days into Spring Year 2, after I’d cleared out all the weeds and most of the small logs and rocks. Now (8th of Spring Year 2) I’ve lost a mahogany sapling and a whole ass gravestone??? I also found a missing oak sapling in my orchard, but I thought I’d cut it down accidentally when clearing out the grass. Even though I made a point to be careful, and plus I can’t remember if it was even young enough to be cut with a scythe. That message was the only indication that anything might be wrong :(

Squigglyruth

Planter
I believe that's when I see it the most. I never create paths, and an unruly farm doesn't bother me. Bad habit, so I will lose maybe one crop on a corner, but good for emergency wood or hay I guess...
Same: I never make paths in the first couple of years - it seems like a waste of resources. I do sometimes lose a crop to weeds, but that only ever happens with long-growing crops later in the year, because I haven't been to check on them between harvests.

I love letting most of my farm go wild at the start - it's a great way to generate wood, hay, tree seeds, and now moss for when I need it. There's a reason my most recent farm was called Tangletree farm :-)

I believe that's when I see it the most. I never create paths, and an unruly farm doesn't bother me. Bad habit, so I will lose maybe one crop on a corner, but good for emergency wood or hay I guess...
An unruly farm only bothers me because I feel like the weeds can spread easier lol. I only have one path, going from my front door to the east exit so that I don’t plant my crops too close. It’s more so a holdover from when I first started.

Same: I never make paths in the first couple of years - it seems like a waste of resources. I do sometimes lose a crop to weeds, but that only ever happens with long-growing crops later in the year, because I haven't been to check on them between harvests.

I love letting most of my farm go wild at the start - it's a great way to generate wood, hay, tree seeds, and now moss for when I need it. There's a reason my most recent farm was called Tangletree farm :-)
Beautiful name!! I wish I had left the weeds when I started playing and when Spring 2 came around, but my instinct is to tidy things up so that I can start planting crops. The big logs and stones have been annoying me for so long :( And for my paths, the only waste of resources was when I made gravel paths and immediately hated the sound effects lmao.

Squigglyruth

Planter
Beautiful name!! I wish I had left the weeds when I started playing and when Spring 2 came around, but my instinct is to tidy things up so that I can start planting crops. The big logs and stones have been annoying me for so long :( And for my paths, the only waste of resources was when I made gravel paths and immediately hated the sound effects lmao.
Thank you.
I think it's possible to be one with nature in this game. I cut back the weeds when they come near my crops. But I let them grow throughout the rest of the farm.
Mostly, the thing that grows is trees.
I wait to cut the big logs / hardwood stumps / big rocks until there is a relevant quest. But I deal with them if they are in my way.
I think that my current Tangletree Farm might achieve a really good balance between nature and agriculture.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I wait to cut the big logs / hardwood stumps / big rocks until there is a relevant quest. But I deal with them if they are in my way.
I think that my current Tangletree Farm might achieve a really good balance between nature and agriculture.
Someone posted here a while ago about these and I'm following their lead: You can't get those large rocks and logs back so if you like Farm decoration, they are unique and can be incorporated into your design.

I haven't come up with how I'm going to use them yet but I want to keep the Nature bit intact as much as possible. Apparently Nature is liking this tactic? Maybe... because this has happened so far:

accents1.JPG

to complement:

accents2.JPG

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
Someone posted here a while ago about these and I'm following their lead: You can't get those large rocks and logs back so if you like Farm decoration, they are unique and can be incorporated into your design.

I haven't come up with how I'm going to use them yet but I want to keep the Nature bit intact as much as possible. Apparently Nature is liking this tactic? Maybe... because this has happened so far:

View attachment 22445

to complement:

View attachment 22446
Wow you got three meteors? How many years old is this farm? And can you now get blue grass for other farm types? I love Forest Farm!

Lew Zealand

Helper
Wow you got three meteors? How many years old is this farm? And can you now get blue grass for other farm types? I love Forest Farm!
The three Meteors is quite unexpected and I'm getting them about one per year, just starting Year 4 now. And getting them grouped up like that is just crazy. Lemme tell you there would have been a full-on tirade about astronomical events from Farmer Bobbi had one of them landed in the Crop patch. Which of course is always a possibility in the future.

The Blue Grass Starter recipe is available but not until later in the game (or at least later game for me). I got it Summer Y3 and wanted to test 2 of them beforehand which is what you see here and I don't think it will spawn on it's own outside the Meadowlands Farm. This was in anticipation of planting on Winter 28 for the Spring 1 grassBOOM I posted in a screenshot in another thread. I expected it to work like the regular Grass Starter but was steeling myself against a big fat nothing.

Which would have been yet another rather opinionated Farmer Bobbi rant.

Reactions: Yvi