Update/Retune Skull Cavern Experience and Difficulty for Multiplayer

dkmuppy

Greenhorn
Hello fellow adventurers!

I recently started playing Stardew Valley with my wife in online multiplayer mode (we have 2 switches). I've never played the game in single player mode but I gotta say the game feels really great and I imagine having two sets of hands working the farm is more advantageous in every way except one: the skull cavern.

From what I understand, the skull cavern was carefully balanced to offer a challenging new experience (tougher monsters and no elevator) without being too difficult or oppressive (slowed day clock while adventuring in the cave). I think this finely tuned experience does not translate well into multiplayer where time cannot be paused and it does not seem like the day clock slows down while plumbing the depths of Skull Cavern. My wife and I chose to split the responsibilities of the farm across skill trees (I do the mining/fighting and she does the farming) but because of the imbalanced difficulty of Skull Cavern in multiplayer, I'm unable to negotiate the cavern effectively and I'm holding up our progression. Our current strategy is for my wife to level up her mining and fighting to support me in the caves but I wish that this game supported a complementary-role playstyle because I think it's an interesting and entertaining way to play this game. My suggestion is: Can we make Skull Cavern slightly easier in multiplayer?

Note: I did see that there is an existing game suggestion to add game-clock-pausing in multiplayer but I believe the suggestion I'm pursuing here is a bit more broader than that. Perhaps adding the same time-progressing/stopping mechanics into multiplayer might be one solution, but I think a simpler solution might be to decrease the strength of monsters and perhaps even boost the players luck rating while alone in the skull cavern. Now I realize that while this might be "simple", it certainly won't be easy. I understand that a lot of testing and tuning would be required to make sure this works and feels good for the player but I think it is a change that would be well worth the effort and improve the overall experience for those who play Stardew Co-Operatively.

Thank you for taking the time to read this suggestion and for all of the hard work that goes into this game!