The Solo Farm Experience, Version II

Wildebeest

Tiller
Hello farmers, socialites and adventurers. This is a fresh redo of my original solo farm experience.
The goal of the series, and this thread is to show off this unique way to play Stardew Valley.
In this thread I will be posting screenshots, and my thoughts as I play through Stardew Valley as an isolated adventurer.
The rule are as follows:
  1. I can only stay at the farm, and the shortcut to the mountains directly above the farm. This is the basis of the playthrough, and all the other rules presents exceptions to this.
  2. I can get the Bamboo Pole fishing rod when it is available. I may not do anything else outside of the farm this day.
  3. The only condition which allows me to leave the farm is if I have the required totem for it, as well as a totem for returning.
    1. During the time I am away from the farm I may only stay in the area/screen of the teleport, as well as shops. I may not enter any dungeons such as the caves.
    2. I am allowed to use a tent kit to extend my trip outside of the farm.
    3. The night-market during winter has a teleport to the farm. This is a available way of returning.
  4. I am allowed to go to the mastery cave once the conditions are fullfilled.
Now that the rules are out of the way; let us take a look on the practictal bit of the playthrough. I have tried to make this work several times, and on several maps and I think I have the best solution for now:
  1. Hill-top farm offers me the best deals on resources. I will be playing on this map.
  2. Monster spawns on the farm are ON. With the new update this lets me slowly increase my combat to unlock important items and crafts.
  3. I will not be able to upgrade several of my tools. This means big stones and roots which spawns can be detrimental to my playthrough.
  4. Fishing is my only way of getting a viable weapon for the later stages of the playthrough.
  5. I will be playing the first day over and over until I get a good amount of mixed seeds, which I think is 8+. I will not plant these before summer. The goal is to get as many corn/pepper as possible.
With everythng out of the way, meet my farmer "Han".

Han_3-24-2024_29032681.png

The first goals are:
  • Get lvl 5 and lvl 10 fishing for increased profits from fish and more treasures.
  • Get the furnace going and start unlocking ways to refine materials.
  • Get 1.000 and 20.000 gold for the pet, which will gift me items when full friendship is reached; and the batcave so I can become batman.
  • Get one pair of warp totems to the mountains and farm to buy my first building: the fish pond.

Tinks

Planter
interesting....after playing the game through as intended a few times years ago...I did a role play on the beach farm... my background was my farmer has been washed ashore after their ship sank, they find a derelict farm.

For unavoidable interactions (from NPC's coming to the farm) my character realises they think I am the grand-daughter so I let them think that. Also did one where my character was based on my dad he had found himself in a parallel universe and had to work out which NPC was his wife in this world.

I call them 'avoidant runs' where I play a game avoiding as much as the main storyline as possible!! I like games where once you get out of first bit (intro/tutorial) you can free-roam and totally avoid the main story and play out your own role play story. ..there aren't many.. too many games are too linear the devs want you to play it as they envisioned playing it or not at all! ...Skyrim you can do it on once you get out of first dungeon you can just wander round and not do any of main story at all.

Most games I play through once and thats it...only a few I find myself coming back to again and again to create a new character with a different story..Stardew is one of them.