The cutscene for the ginger island boat is not working.

ally<3

Greenhorn
I have more than 3 bundles done, I have gone to his shop with perfect weather even though it doesn't matter, and I have 2 hearts with Willy just in case.
Can someone tell me what's happening?

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
You need to have the whole community center completed and watch the cc cutscene before he’ll send you mail to access the back room.

the other cutscene where he tells you what’s behind but doesn’t allow you in doesn’t really mean anything and won’t help.

ArtifactSpot

You need to have the whole community center completed and watch the cc cutscene before he’ll send you mail to access the back room.

the other cutscene where he tells you what’s behind but doesn’t allow you in doesn’t really mean anything and won’t help.
This. You must complete all of the community center rooms (or joja town development upgrades if you chose that route.). Watch the cutscene before noon or one I think on a sunny day. Then shortly after he will send you the letter that it is unlocked. You must read the letter first I think as well with most things Willy related. You will need 200 pieces hardwood, 5 iridium bars and 5 batteries to complete the boat so gather those too in the meantime.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
This. You must complete all of the community center rooms (or joja town development upgrades if you chose that route.). Watch the cutscene before noon or one I think on a sunny day. Then shortly after he will send you the letter that it is unlocked. You must read the letter first I think as well with most things Willy related. You will need 200 pieces hardwood, 5 iridium bars and 5 batteries to complete the boat so gather those too in the meantime.
Yeah read the message is the most important part, I have no idea how many times I’ve done everything but read a letter from Willy (rod or boat) and then wasted a carefully planned out day.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Yes. Apparently letter reading is a thing in this game. And following your quests, knowing whether they're even active yet.

Getting to Level 100 in Skull Cavern and finding a Chest containing 15 Parsnip Seeds is... Anticlimactic.
_____

Farmer Bobbi sits there on the Chest cleaning off her Serpent-nibbled knees, hoping her scabs will at least smooth over yet be worthy of some Pelican Town curiosity. Well, assuming they won't just make her look like a 12-year old out playing at the park too long. She slowly opens one pack of Parsnip Seeds placing each small, flat, brown, stripy one singly between her teeth to crush it. Enjoying the earthy taste and pondering... what she might have missed? Something compelled her to get here but for the life of her, she couldn't fathom from where the urge had sprung.

Crunch... another seed.

Why couldn't these be Beet Seeds? Not that they taste better, Bobbi had no idea. But she needed to grow Beets and put them in the Mayor's fridge for some utterly inane reason because some fool was leading her around on a wild goose chase. That her curiosity just wouldn't let go because it was almost fun though she'd never admit it. She sooo wanted to just walk away but she was as hooked as the Fish she occasionally caught when not dozing by the lazy river.

Downing a Cheez, Bobbi hopped off the Chest and tossed the remaining Seeds into her pack thinking that Pam might like a Parsnip and her birthday was next month. She looked around the small cave floor one last time, now becoming decidedly annoyed.

And then angry.

A scowl on her face, she pulled out her stack of Bombs and stomped towards the ladder beckoning her deeper into the Cavern. "I've had enough of this!" she yelled to everybody in particular.

Foot on the top rung already starting her descent, "It's time for mayhem!" echoed throughout the Caverns.

I have more than 3 bundles done, I have gone to his shop with perfect weather even though it doesn't matter, and I have 2 hearts with Willy just in case.
Can someone tell me what's happening?
Get the commity center all done, then you get a letter THEN walk into the back room and you’ll get the cutscene, your welcom btw you need 5 iridium bars 5 batteries and 200 hardwood

NetworkerC

Sodbuster
A scowl on her face, she pulled out her stack of Bombs and stomped towards the ladder beckoning her deeper into the Cavern. "I've had enough of this!" she yelled to everybody in particular.

Foot on the top rung already starting her descent, "It's time for mayhem!" echoed throughout the Caverns.
Yes! More Bobbi! Erm… Cough. Well, look on the bright side, it’s Bombs, and not Master Slingshot Explosive Ammo, so her damage range means something might stay standing.