SUGGESTIONS TO TAKE THIS GAME FROM OKAY TO ABSOLUTELY AMAZING

mare

Sodbuster
I’m a complete first-time player who doesn’t usually play many games. I started Stardew Valley completely blind, without looking up spoilers or guides. I’m also playing on iPhone, so I’m playing vanilla.


I’ve passed out from using up all my energy while working on my farm, and there was a time when I explored at night and in the mines carrying a torch because everything was so dark. 😂


I understand that playing efficiently can be fun. But I don’t think Stardew Valley is meant to be a game where everything has to be optimized and turned into an automated factory.


I’ve spent an entire day looking for a pickaxe that I had forgotten to put back in a chest. I’ve reached 2 a.m. in the mines more times than I’d like to admit. 😂 And when my inventory was full and I found something else, I’ve had to make that painful choice: “Okay… do I eat something or throw something away?” 😂


But those things made me think, “Next time, I’ll be more careful!” And honestly, even the mistakes are fun.


When you first start the game, your character comes to this town because they’re exhausted from their old job. I think they came here to heal and enjoy a different kind of life.


You can spend the whole day petting your chickens and cows. You can just go fishing. You can explore the mines. You can do whatever you feel like doing.


That freedom is one of the things I love most about Stardew Valley.


So while I understand wanting to make things more convenient, I think automating absolutely everything and removing all of those little choices would make the game feel a little lonely.


I haven’t finished the Skull Cavern or the Volcano yet, but I do think it would be nice to have some kind of way to save your progress and continue from partway through those longer areas. 🙂


I’m still a beginner, so maybe I’ll change my mind as I play more, but for now, I really enjoy the little mistakes and inconveniences that make each day feel like my own adventure. 🙂
 
Top